“Lovely Evening out” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jia Jia Chinese Restaurant

Jia Jia Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 97 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Thai, Malaysian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Ardee, Ireland
“Lovely Evening out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Dropping my daughter back to continue college life, we stopped off in Jia Jia. We have a lovely meal in a relaxed atmosphere. The waiter was extremely nice and his attention was perfect.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Patricia B

Waterford, Ireland
“just passing but worth the stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were in Athlone recently and came across this restaurant. Wasn't busy when we called but was very good. If we're ever in the area again we will certainly be calling here!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank eoin72_13
“Great takeaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Great takeaway experience! I have tried many Chinese restaurants in Athlone area and this one has come out on top. Food tastes fresh and nicely seasoned. Delivery was prompt and efficient. I will definitely dine in the restaurant soon.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Thesmirl
Mullingar, Ireland
“Impressively decorated restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Not much to look at from the outside but the interior was very nice, the best Chinese styled restaurant I have been in within Westmeath. It added to the atmosphere and was very cosy. The staff/owner were very friendly and did not rush us for our order as I took a while as I was spoilt for choice! We had starters, the ribs were meaty as oppoed to fatty, the sauce was ok (BBQ) so overall not too bad but I'd try them in a different sauce next time. My partners started was much nicer; sweet chilli chicken (but beware if you don't like spices).

The main was served well and kept warm on the table by candle trays. I ordered chicken in pineapple sauce, the meat was very nice, cooked perfectly and flavoursome but I wouldn't pick the sauce again as it was too sweet. My partner's satay beef was 'to die for' I'll be ordering it next time I visit.

The prawn crackers served at the start were the best I have ever had. Cola was served in cans which I didn't mind and it wasn't overcharged for. All in all a good restaurant which was reasonably priced, we will visit again in the next month or so.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DancingAtDawn
Longford, Ireland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Had a meal here last night with my wife, large portions, food great and hot, staff very good and prices also good.Nice surroundings inside and plenty parking outside.
Will return.