“Great food, great atmosphere.”
Review of Savoury Fare

Savoury Fare
Ranked #31 of 99 Restaurants in Athlone
“Great food, great atmosphere.”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Having walked from the castle with a hungry two year old, this cafe was a very welcome relief. Excellent food from excellent produce and a busy lunch atmosphere that entertained a nosey child. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the value for money was second to none.

• Visited August 2014

Gum Spring, Virginia, United States
“Great Find”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We've had trouble finding cozy places for breakfast in Athlone until we stumbled on this gem. Super friendly staff, fair prices and they were very accomodating to my wife's celiac (no gluten) requirements.

• Visited August 2014
County Offaly, Ireland
“A working lunch, ”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice quaint little place in monksland. I went for lunch today during work and I tried the club sandwich. Now I am a massive fan of club sandwiches and this was there own version it was good different though, it had plenty of filling no egg however which was disappointing and was made in a pita pocket and toasted. I just thought it lacked something maybe the egg ha but that could be just my taste. There was plenty to choose from on the menu all homemade and looked very good especially the frittata which I will be back to try. Price was ok too I'll def be back to try more items before I get a real feel for the place. It did have a very canteen feel to it and there was no ice and because it was a scorcher of a day that made a difference good place to people watch. They also had gluten free options and deserts which I love to see as my mam is coeliac and the desert options are always limited!

“Excellent staff and cute interior”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We get lunch here almost every week the garlic potatoes are to die for and the staff are so pleasant always very happy (savoury fare next to Dunnes)

“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Went for lunch with my son during the summer holidays. It was a real treat. Very inviting. Warm and chatty staff. Nice choice of hot and cold lunch ideas. Lovely decorative teapots and tableware. Generous portions reasonably priced. We will be back. Well done to all the staff.

• Visited July 2014