Sheraton Athlone
$329
Official Site
Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
$162
$157
Hotels.com
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
$165
$160
Hotels.com
$162
Athlone Springs Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
$107
$95
Travelocity
$216
The Prince of Wales Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
$118
Cooneys Hotel(Ballymahon)
$151
TripAdvisor
2,074 results
All reviewsshopping centreharvest cafetower roomsla provence restaurantdeluxe roomfloor to ceiling windowslovely hotelhotel barcentral locationleisure facilitiestop classbar foodstayed here for two nightslovely roomwould highly recommend this hotelspa treatmentslast weekend
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband brought me to the Sheraton last week to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Once the hotel reception staff realised we were celebrating they upgraded our room to a suite. we had just arrived at our room, when a knock on the door, revealed a waiter carrying a plate of chocolate covered strawberries with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate!! Overall, our two night stay was fantastic, the staff were so pleasant and helpful, no request was too much, The rooms are lovely and comfortable and the bed was huge and very comfortable, The food is excellent, we had dinner in the restaurant on the night of our anniversary and it was fabulous. I would definitely recommend this hotel and most especially the fantastic staff. Thank you Sheraton Athlone for making our anniversary so special!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DelIreland
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Loved this hotel, beds were so comforable possible the nicest bed i have ever slept on!! The food was gorgeous in the bar and breakfast was lovely too. The staff were very friendly and helpful! I loved that the shopping centre was attached and it is convenient for the train station. cant wait to come back soon!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Weary on the last day of 3 week stay in Ireland: Dan at the front desk gave excellent directions to Athlone shops, helped me pay my etoll by phone, and gave me directions for the M50 for my early departure the next day. All the staff were extremely professional and the hotel was "polished". Excellent breakfast buffet and coffee the next morning. I would recommend!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear “Colleen587”,

I would like to thank on behalf of myself and the team here for taking the time to provide such a positive review of your experience with us and for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

We take great pride in the level of customer service which we offer to our guests and I am delighted to read that Dan and the rest of our associates exceeded your expectations.

Thank you most sincerely for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone should you have the opportunity to return.

Yours Sincerely,
Johnny O’Sullivan,
General Manager.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have stayed hear a few times and have always enjoyed it. The staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful, and the rooms are spotless and the beds comfortable. The car parking is very convenient and free, and the hotel is right in the heart of town with a modern shopping centre right next door.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Well worth a weekend away or as we did in our case - a one night stay at this hotel. Mu husband had booked it for my birthday and they had Prosecco and Chocolate covered Strawberries waiting for us in the room. My spa treatment was gorgeous and the dinner in the hotel that evening was yummy and the staff are fab! It's situated alongside a shopping centre so you can also shop. Worth a visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linn-Finn

Dear “Linn Finn”,

On behalf of myself and the team here at the Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide such a positive review of your experience.

I am delighted to read that you found our hotel to have all of the elements that were needed for a relaxing break. While we may have delivered that classic combination of Prosecco and chocolate covered strawberries to your room, I am sure it was all down to your husband’s consideration to arrange them!

Once again thank you for choosing our Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours Sincerely,