“Great Stay”
Review of Sheraton Athlone

Sheraton Athlone
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Had a great stay here in September couldnt ask for anymore got the breakfast delivered to the room the next morning everything we asked for we got.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2012

Dear “Michael M”,
It was wonderful to read your positive review and I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Sheraton Athlone Hotel soon.
General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,987)

Reviewed February 29, 2012

We have stayed here a few times over the last year and each visit exceeds the previous. The staff from the reception to the guy at the pool to the chambermaids and the manager are so helpful, enthusiastic pleasant, and go out of their way to help. I cannot recommend this hotel enough . We stayed in a v well known 5 star spa after our stay in the Sheraton athlone and it coukd learn a lot from them. You will not be disappointed !

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear “Roziemurt”,

On behalf of the management and staff here at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel I would like to thank you for your wonderful review. It is a genuine pleasure to have the hotel described as a Gem and Dara and her team in Sirana Spa were thrilled to have our service and facilities compared with the great selection of five star spas in the Irish Market.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Sheraton Athlone Hotel very soon.

General Manager.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Great hotel - Great staff - Great food - beautiful place to stay and very close to all amenities, would definitely recommend this hotel...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jacqueline D

Dear “Jacqueline D”

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to review our hotel and for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone.

It is wonderful to see the huge effort which the team put into customer care recognized in your feedback, there was a hugely positive response from the various departments when we reviewed the feedback recently.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our central location here in Athlone. The many tourism providers in Athlone, from boat trips to arts & crafts, retail to the essential pub offerings, have been receiving wonderful feedback and it is great to have this acknowledged on such a public forum as Tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Sheraton Athlone Hotel soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Nice hotel with good facilities. A few small things like not enough Pcoat hangers in rooms and lack of healthy options on menu stopped it getting 5 stars. Staff exceptionally helpful. Good gym good pool and very central.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear “Andreww45”

Thank you for your review and I would like to reassure you that I have taken your feedback on board in order to bridge that gap. I would welcome your feedback on how we have performed should you return to the hotel in the future.

We will be launching our “Colour your Plate” initiative over the coming weeks on our various menus. Launched in conjunction with our Core Performance brand standard which makes it easier for our regular guests to stay healthy while on the road. Colour your plate is based up taking a simple approach to healthy eating by choosing colourful, nutrition dense foods as part of a well balanced meal.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my wife for a W/E the hotel is in the hearth of the town and car parking in the shopping centre joined to the hotel is free for guests The bedroom was large but is it better to ash for a room above the 4th Floor to have a view there is no view from the ground floors

Room Tip: Ash for room above 4th Floor for a view of the Shannon River
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank silverjet9

Dear “Silverjet9”,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel and for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

With a very central location our tower rooms provide a unique view across 2 provinces, 4 counties and the Shannon river. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Sheraton Athlone Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

I was impressed with this hotel from check-in to check-out. It is handily placed in Athlone, parking is free, excellent free internet access, staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. I had a bar meal. Good food, excellent selection. I used the swimming pool which was really good — clean, clear and with good facilities for changing and hair drying. I will definitely stay again if I'm in Athlone and recommend it thoroughly.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear “Cheerfulchick”,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel and for providing such a positive review of your experience with us.

It was a pleasure to share your feedback with our various departments during our weekly review of guest feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Sheraton Athlone Hotel soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

The room was very comfortable with the A/C unit on the wall. Mini bar was empty though, it would have been nice to have it full. Excellent high quality TV reception on the wall mounted flat screen. There was free wi-fi, so working on the laptop. Very nice bathroom, spacious and very clean. I really enjoyed shower. I really, really recommend this hotel. If you thinking which one to choose in Athlone, first forget about Radisson!!!!!
The biggest let down was bar - service and food. I understand if bar is full then it will take some time to take your order, but to wait 15 minutes to somebody to come to you, i don’t think its acceptable in 4* premises. Eventually when i ordered drinks, guess what happened. Our server forgot that she took my order!!!! i received my drinks after 20 minutes. Plus all the servers were in black uniforms, so PLEASE when you start your shift, can YOU make sure you have uniform without stains. It looks disgusting when you are taking my food order!!! Almost forgot. I went to have a breakfast at 10:45 am. (breakfast finishes at 11 am). They already closed hot food section!!!! If breakfast is served till 11am, that’s means it’s NOT TO BE CLOSED at 11, or 10:59 or 10:45!!! Eventually i got my hot breakfast, then i went to get few things from a table where was continental breakfast. Girl waitress, she was shutting down continental breakfast, i said ''just one second, please. I would like to take croissant''. She was on my way and DID NOT MOOVED!!!!!! I needed to walk around her!!!! Is this how you treat your guests? I am a head chef, and in our business, COUSTUMER IS A KING!!! Anyway a part bar and breakfast service everything was PERFECT.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear “ArnoldMa”,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Sheraton Athlone Hotel and for choosing to stay with us. I would like to apologise on behalf of myself and the team that there were some aspects of your stay which you did not enjoy and where we let ourselves down.

I can reassure you that a positive guest experience is at the forefront of everything we do here at the hotel and that we completely agree that the Customer is King. Following several meetings to review and set an agenda for staff training both in the restaurant and bar following your feedback I am confident that we have ensured that those issues you outline will not be repeated.

I would be delighted to discuss this with you personally if you would like to contact me here in the hotel on 0906451000 or alternatively by email at generalmanager@sheratonathlonehotel.com.

Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to speaking with you should the opportunity arise.