“luxury hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
ireland
“luxury hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

We thought it was a lovely hotel, very clean and furnished well. The pool is ideal for small children, bubbly water and jets of water for them to play with. The service was very good and breakfast was anything you wanted to eat, kids enjoyed their stay and we would definitely be back again. The bedroom we had wasn't noisy and plenty of room for a family.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

From start to finish, I'm going to be raving about this hotel for a long tine. Other hoteliers in Ireland could learn a lot from these guys. From arrival, Elaine at reception was extremely helpful and had all the info you could possibly need. I stayed on the 6th floor in a fabulous club room with a beautiful view of the meandering river. Bathroom was top drawer. As a hotel manager myself, I have to say I was in awe at the cleanliness of the whole hotel, the friendliness of all the staff especially the reception staff and the night porter and the attention to detail in every aspect. Everything exceeded my expectations except possibly the breakfast. A typical hot and cold buffet breakfast with lots to offer, it was ok but nothing to write home about. Again the breakfast waiting staff were extra friendly. Didn't make it to the pool or spa this time due to prior made plans but I will be back and will be looking forward to it. 10/10 to the management team.

• Stayed May 2011
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

I stayed here for two nights with two colleagues in connection with a conference which was on here in Athlone. Due to a booking error, we all ended up with a room with each of us on our own. But that's no complaint. I wasn't out of pocket, and the room was very spacious and the bathroom has a seperate shower and bath area. I was impressed all round with the room,food, drink and gereral service. Just a couple of minor quibbles ; (a) getting to and from one's room for most guests involves taking 2 sets of lifts,due to the way the hotel was built (b) Apart from having Athlone in the title, the Sheraton Hotel , on the inside shows no visible reference to Athlone or the Shannon - say in the form of paintings or Old Photographs hanging about. By that I mean inside the hotel you could be anywhere in the world.
Apart from that I enjoyed my experience in the Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

beautiful hotel .staff v friendly .rooms are to die for .so clean and fresh..food in restaurant excellent..worth a stay..cathy.bernice,val and anita

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

From hte moment we arrived at the Hotel until the moment we left we could not have enjoyed ourselves more, the staff were incredibly welcoming, accommodating. Our room was beautiful, well equipped and spacious, and Breakfast was delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Can't wait to head back again
Thanks guysfor a great weekend

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this review, April 15, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to review The Sheraton Athlone Hotel. It is great to receive such positive feedback and to have our staff recognised for the tremendous effort they put in to both welcoming and taking care of our guest’s needs.

We look forward to having you back in the hotel soon, and please don’t hesitate to ask for me at the front desk if there is anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable on your return.

Yours Sincerely,

Johnny O’Sullivan,
General Manager.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

Stayed here with my sister and son, to celebrate his first birthday. We availed of a 2 night mid week package, which included dinner and spa treatment. Staff wonderful....very modern and chic decor.. Our room was beautiful and a comfy travel cot was in place on our arrival. We used their babysitting service and it was great to have 2 hours to go for dinner on first night. Food great and waitress lovely.However In the morning, I didnt rate the pre cooked hot breakfast options, scrambled eggs not good and bacon overcooked... however the Sheraton are not alone in this weakness, lots of hotels I have stayed in, fall down in this area.

The Spa was truly a relaxing setting and I enjoyed my child free couple of hours there. The express manicure/pedicure price though is far far too expensive. I booked it without checking the price first... if i recall correcly, €45 for manicure and €35 for pedicure, but effectively it was closer to a file and polish which I get for €15 per here in Dublin... maybe i didnt get an experienced beautican?

Bar food was tasty and when my son kicked off during a meal on our 2nd evening, the staff were great in bringing the food up to our room for us.

Great location and you can access the Athlone town centre from the hotel!! Perfect when travelling with your sister or friend.

Returned to the Sheraton for a wedding a couple of weeks later and service and cleaninless was consistent.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for providing such a comprehensive review of our property, and thank you sincerely for your repeat custom at our hotel. I am glad to read that our babysitting service was of a high standard, this is one of the most important areas for us to ensure excellent service. As parents it is rare that we get these quiet moments away to enjoy a good meal, and it is always reassuring to know that our children are in good hands.
I will be meeting with our Spa management team early next week to review your feedback in relation to the manicure and pedicure service. I would be most appreciative if you could take the time to contact me at the hotel to discuss your experience further as this is an area where we receive a lot of positive feedback and I would like to implement appropriate training in order to achieve consistency.

Thank you again for the great review and I can assure you that we will review your feedback in detail with our teams in order to ensure consistent standards in the areas you have suggested.

Yours Sincerely,
Johnny O’Sullivan,
General Manager.
dundalk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

Have just booked our third trip to the sheraton athlone and must admit that we are looking forward to our next break in this beautiful hotel. From the moment we walked into the lobby until the moment we (reluctantly!) left, the staff were incredibly welcoming, accommodating and to be honest they couldn't have done enough for us. Our room was gorgeous, well equipped and spacious, and the food was fantastic. Breakfast was delicious - there was something to suit everyone's palate. I was really enamoured with the fresh fruit selection! For dinner, the restaurant was atmospheric, and the food was scrumptious. The fillet steak was melt in your mouth and cooked to perfection. We even ordered off menu (fussy eater!) and our request was catered for with aplomb. The bar was great, broad selection of beers (moretti brought back great memories of roman holidays) and liqueurs, and all in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Can't wait to head back in June! Thanks guys!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business