“Great place to stay!”

Rathbaun Hotel
Rathbaun Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lisdoonvarna
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a lovely hotel in a nice little town in County Clare, and is perfect for exploring the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher. Everything is very comfortable, and they have a gift shop and an off license. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: The only consideration is that there is live music every night from 8-12 (which is great!) but if yo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in rathbaun for a night in june. Was greeted by the male owner, im having trouble remembering his name but what a gentleman, so friendly. He showed us to our room and was so helpful. We dined in the restaurant that night and i had the chicken and brocolli which was delicious, so tasty i still rave about it back home. Good homemade cooking. There was a lovely group singing traditional irish music. Yes you could hear them upstairs in the rooms but this did not bother me as i enjoyed listening to them. If i ever return to lisdoonvarna i will definetly stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel itself was nice and it was immaculately clean everywhere. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was lovely and good portion sizes. This hotel is ideally located for visiting the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren etc. Will recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
JohnRathbaun, Owner at Rathbaun Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for staying with us, we are delighted you had such a good time as well as super weather. best wishes, Lynn and John

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Welcoming hosts, clean amenities, Irish music every night, all made our stay at the Rathbaun very pleasant indeed. Hosts are a mine of information on what to do and see in the area. This hotel offers great value, and for a base to enjoy the area, it was well-nigh perfect. The only warning is for people who go early to bed - you'll hear the Irish music from downstairs in your bedroom!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review and appreciating our hotel and area. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time here.
Best wishes, John and Lynn

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Last August I stayed here with my husband and 5year old daughter. I enquiried when I booked it was it child friendly and the owner told me she had children herself that lived in hotel,an there was music in the evenings that she could enjoy. We booked in for two nights. The first evening we came down and had our meal, irish dancing came on, and my daughter loved it and stood up in front of them to watch it, not in anyone's way. The owner went up, I saw him pulling her out of the way saying something to her, she was very upset. She came running over to us, saying the man told her to get back to her seat or he would get very cross with her. She was shaking. I spoke to the man and he told me if I shouldn't have my cold running everywhere, I hold him she was just standing there on her own in front of us. He told me if I didn't like it to #**# away somewhere else. We packed our bags and they refused to give us our money back. We came home to cork where we own a guesthouse ourselves. I have put in a complaint about this establishment and it's owners. I will never return to lisdoonvarna again.

• Stayed: August 2012
7  Thank Trishmurray7

11 months after staying in our hotel I clearly remember politely asking your child to sit with her parents. You were very offended that I asked your child to sit down - there was no dancing. From a health and safety point of view it is not safe to have a 5 year old dancing and walking unsupervised where food and drinks are being served. Also it was detracting from the enjoyment of the entertainment which was being provided for all customers.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

What a fantastic place spotlessly clean,wonderful staff, great location. Food is excellent and very reasonable, owners always on hand to assist.would strongly recommend this hotel as a base in clare this type of establishment would put other more expensive hotels to shame.the rooms were supplied with loads of tea and coffee and biscuits, and bottled water is a very nice touch.

Room Tip: Any room,ll do
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom B
JohnRathbaun, Owner at Rathbaun Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for staying with us, we are delighted that you enjoyed staying with us. It was lovely to meet you too. Thank you for the review. Very best wishes, Lynn and John

Reviewed July 1, 2013

On our tour of Ireland taking in larger Hotels, the Rathbaun exceeded expectation with incredibly attentive and friendly staff from welcoming us to the hotel, the service in the bar and advice at breakfast of what The Burren had to offer. The bar area converted seemlessly into the venue for the evenings entertainment. This turned out to be of a very high quality, Ceolan knocked out the standards from Irish, Country, folk, pop all with their own lilt. Hotel bands can be cheap and low quality but I've paid good money to 40 minutes of bands of considerably worse quality than Ceolan. In fact they didn't stop nor did their quality diminish. I clocked 3.5 hours without a break by which time we were back in our very comfortable and well equipped room. The food was also very good. Not exactly fine dining but better than good quality pub grub. We used Lisdoonvarna as a stopover between Ring of Kerry and Connemara but wished we'd had another couple of days.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnRathbaun, Owner at Rathbaun Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and appreciating the music and the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Best wishes John

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisdoonvarna
The Hydro Hotel
The Burren Castle Hotel
The Burren Castle Hotel
#2 of 7 in Lisdoonvarna
Ballinalacken Castle Country House

Been to Rathbaun Hotel? Share your experiences!