“"As much use as An ASHTRAY ON A MOTORBIKE"”
Review of The Hydro Hotel

The Hydro Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lisdoonvarna
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Rang this hotel to book a break away with Groupon Voucher ......and was not accommodated in any shape or form ...I had my dates in front of me and could not get two consecutive nights together... Why does this hotel bother to say its available for breaks when you cannot be accommodated....shouldn't be allowed....it did specify Limited Availability but I was met with NO AVAILABILITY and was told I could look for a refund from Groupon. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED.....

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stavrosireland
ManagementHydro, Manager at The Hydro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

We regret you were not able to book the desired dates with us through Groupon offer. We have received an extremely high response and many bookings. We understand your situation, however we strongly recommend to check availability directly with a hotel and pre book desired dates before buying a voucher on line.

We would be glad to welcome you to stay with us at any other time in future and we wish you all the best.

Kind regards,
Management

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very warm welcome no matter how late you arrive.
Staff so helpful and always happy
Rooms are clean and comfortable.
Location Great views.
Restaurant service is great and a good Bar Prices very good for a Hotel.
Lovely spacious lounges 2 with large tvs One smaller one with lovely views.
Large car park.
If you are visiting Cliffs of Moher or limerick this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are Good
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank coachman10
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Recently stayed here. Lovely experience very quiet. Staff quite & courteous. Breakfast good .Rooms clean & comfortable. The only down side is if the hotel was busy it maybe noisy as it was easy here people walking in the rooms overhead. A good base for travelling around west Clare.
Would recommend - good value

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mairin m
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have nothing to say but good things about this hotel. After a disastrous experience at a nearby hostel, my friends and I pulled into the Hydro Hotel late hoping for a room. The service was fantastic. A room was found to accommodate our needs quickly and the staff help was wonderful. We loved our room! Spacious, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great in the morning as well, wonderful service in the restaurant. Like I said, I can't say anything but good things about this place, I definitely recommend! Great location to stay if you're visiting the Cliffs of Moher. If I ever make it back to Ireland I will absolutely stay at the Hydro again! :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank daniellemonique44
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This Hotel is in a lovely postion at the end of the main street in the village. The rooms are very comfortable and clean and the service from all the staff is exceptional. We found the hotel staff more than helpful and anything we asked about was immediately sorted out for us. The food was very nice and we always enjoyed the cooked breakfast in the morning, a very good choice and very tasty. Evening meals were also of a good standard.

Each evening there was music and dancing on in the main dance hall and bar area, from 6pm until 12pm and the bands were very enjoyable and very busy.

I would definitely go back to this hotel if I was staying in Lisdoonvarna, also the area is ideal for touring around the Burren and many tourist attractions plus boat trips within 10 kms of Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in 400 to 410 are very quiet and spacious
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank linda g
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here last w,end (the 3rd w.end of the matchmaking festival), as you walk into the hotel it does look dated, however my room was fabulous very luxurious. So a great start. We went out and about the other pubs that night and then back to more entertainment in the Hydro (everyone heads there about 12-1am). Although as a guest i did not have to pay the entrance fee into the night's entertainment i was shocked at what they were charging people - €20 each to get into a few hours of music and craic. Thought it was wrong to have such a steep price. Anyway got up the next morning for breakfast, the cheapest of cheapest food must be used. The orange juice was nasty sour, the weetabix - i have tasted better from Aldi, don't eat fries (maybe in this case I am better off) but the quality of the breakfast food was terrible.
It is a nice hotel in the right location for the month of September festival, the staff were very nice, they are very good at their jobs and do hope paid a decent wage.

Room Tip: any room on the 2nd floor - are the ones that have been recently renovated
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nuala F
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I visited this hotel at the beginning of August 2013 as a member of a tourist group. The hotel has an air of good old times. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the food ... is simply excellent. Two nights after long sightseeing were not sufficeint to enjoy the place. It is my dream to come again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tilia60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisdoonvarna
Imperial Hotel
#1 of 7 in Lisdoonvarna
King Thomond Hotel
King Thomond Hotel
#7 of 7 in Lisdoonvarna

Been to The Hydro Hotel? Share your experiences!