“Wonderful Dinner in a Wonderful Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sheedy's Country House Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Lisdoonvarna
Cuisines: Irish, European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane, Australia
“Wonderful Dinner in a Wonderful Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had dinner twice at the restaurant while staying at the hotel. The first night I had the fried goats cheese and beetroot salad which was absolutely incredible. I wish I had tried another entree for my second meal but I just couldn't go past this one (and I don't even like salad!). For dinner I had the mongfish in lemon butter sauce with saffron potatoes which was also delicious but after the entree, I couldn't fit it all in. The second time I stuck with the entree but skipped the main so I could try a dessert. The dessert was a lemon cheesecake but the filling was inside a brandy snap. It tasted delicious but was hard to eat as the brandy snap was a bit hard to get into (had to resort to fingers but it was all good). Definitely great for a hotel restaurant or even on its own.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Ennis, Ireland
“a time warp”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

from the second you arrive to the time you leave it is like you stuck in the 70's. my partner loves this place service is top and the place is kept pristine. the food could use a little updating in my opinion but still is tasty. we sat in the bar it was very enjoyable. we will be back.

Visited August 2013
Berkshire, UK
“Excellent bar food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We didn't eat in the restaurant, we ate in the bar. Excellent fish and chips - batter light as air, delicious chips. Service friendly and efficient.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank quaestor
limerick
“Simple elegant effortless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had diner here in sheedys this weekend, It was delicious. the hostess Martina made us feel a little special and spoke very eloquently and had a touch of class about her. Straight away we knew it was going to be a first class affair. It was. The food is sumpteous and delicious, and strewn around the hotel you can see all the awards that they have won over the years, they have double A rosettes hanging on all the walls and the campbells dining and mckennas awards are evident too. Overall this is one of the nicest dinners you can get. the restaurant does leave a little to be desired. It should have a little more character. It is a little plain but the food does all the talking and it does so with aplomb. Would def go again.

• Visited August 2013
Drumcondra, Dublin, Ireland
“Food was fantastic but absent service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We dropped in without reservations and were seated around a table in the bar. Ordered from both restaurant and bar menu. The food was nice but the long wait and the atmosphere in the bar was so dull we ate quickly and moved on.
I'd recommend some music in the bar so lift the library atmosphere, although maybe we were just unlucky and all the atmosphere is saved for the restaurant. .

• Visited July 2013