“Not As Expected”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2012

From the reviews I had high hopes for the restaurant but found the food only so-so. The service was good but the food was no better than adverage.

3  Thank jsthouston
BurrenLady, Owner at Sheedy's Country House Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

John and I were disappointed to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your recent visit to Sheedys Restaurant. We strive at all times to offer the best in quality food and service to our customers and that is why we are sorry that you thought we did not deserve a better rating in your review. We do hope you visit us again next time you visit Lisdoonvarna. We are now closed for the Winter months but reopen in the Spring. Martina

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We will be back!! The welcome here is great ....a cosy fire to sit by while the rain pelted down outside the windows.....the quality of the food is unparalelled and the service very good. Delightful ambience

Reviewed August 2, 2012

A top class meal on a balmy summer evening. Delightfully relaxing aperitifs on the verandah with a view of the garden. Faultless service. Delicious food - olives and sundried tomatoes, complimentary bread, palette cleanser grapefruit foam, Cashel blue cheese and pear salad and followed by duck that just fell of the bone - so tasty and tender. Dessert was divine - I had lemon posset but tried the cheesecake and fell in love with them both! So clever, so satisfying, so relaxing, and well worth the money. Would eat there every time!

2  Thank Puffbubble
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife and I ate here during a recent trip around Ireland and not only was it the best meal we had while there, it's one of the best I have ever had.
Sheedy's has a quaint atmosphere that puts you at ease as soon as you enter, as do the very welcoming staff. Have a sit in the charming hotel ante rooms whilst browsing the menu and having a pre-dinner drink.
The menu is perfectly balanced, offering a fine selection whilst not overpowering you with the number of dishes to choose from, and the same can be said of the wine list (by the way, all of the ingredients are locally sourced). Starters of crab salad and pea soup were excellent, served with home made breads that were the best we tried anywhere (starters from €6 - €10). We both had the pork belly, and it was absolutely wonderful, one of the best dishes I've ever had, served rolled and seared outside with a melting inner, accompanied by mash, cider jus and crunchy veg. Absolutely wonderful (example prices of mains (approx): pork €25.50, fish of the day €26, rack of lamb €28, sirloin €28).
I didn't think I'd have room for dessert, but I did and was mighty glad I had.
Top it all with efficient, friendly and very attentive service, a really pleasant, old-world ambience and you've got one of the best dining experiences for an awful long time.

1  Thank Bartyslartfast
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Sheedy's was recommended to us by another outstanding restaurant in Lisdoonvarna that happened to be closed. Wow! Cozy by the fireplace (it was 7 C outside) with friendly, attentive service from Martina, we were blown away by the quality of the cuisine. The Lisconnor crab legs in a light curry sauce has to be at the top of our "best dishes of 2012!"

1  Thank stremyFlorida