“One of my top meals ever!”

Sheedy's Country House Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Lisdoonvarna
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We recently dined at Sheedy's with a large group, about a dozen, and the staff was able to easily accommodate us while providing great service. Martina, the owner/manager/hostess/lead waitress is very gracious and welcoming. We had olives and sundried tomatoes while reviewing the menu and making our choices. Dinner started with a great palate cleanser of a grapefruit juice froth. For my appetizer, I had a fantastic local goat cheese tart with carmelized onions, just to die for. For my main, I had a fillet of hake crusted in seasoning and served with a lemon sauce, perhaps my best fish course ever. For dessert, I had the lemon posset, which is a house specialty you really must try if it's on offer--it was tart and light and just the perfect end to such a wonderful meal. There are several choices for bottles of wine as well as wines by the glass and half bottle. The dining room is well sized so that it is cozy while being very accommodating for the number of people it handles. This meal wasn't in the price range I would do for every day, but for a special occasion, it really can't be beat! Breakfast in the morning was also stellar, lots of interesting fruit and other "starter" kind of options with several mains, all with a unique, gourmet twist. (Do try the apricots in Cointreau and cinnamon syrup, sooooo yummy!)

Reviewed May 3, 2012

On a recent family evening out we enjoyed the most delightful meal at Sheedy's. We were welcomed in the reception area by Martina and were presented with some beautiful olives & sun dried tomatoes while we read over the fantastic menu, which had something to suit all tastes.We experienced excellent service on our visit. The food was exceptional. I chose the vegetarian option of wild mushroom risotto which was utterly divine.
I would highly recommend Sheedy's and will definitely be returning.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Dined here recently with quite a large group - this was certainly not an issue for the staff at Sheedys as the service and attention we received was outstanding. Food was also excellent, for any future diners I would highly recommend their rack of lamb - best I've ever had! If you are in the north Clare area & looking for a super dining experience visit Sheedys....

1  Thank CMG22
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I ate here recently with a group of friends. The food was excellent, really fresh and tasty. The portions were just right and the service was great, very attentive without being intrusive. Lovely wine too! Overall a friendly and relaxed ambiance and a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

1  Thank susanmEnnistymon
Reviewed April 24, 2012

If you want superb food at a great price this is the place to go. John and Martina offer the best in food and hospitality. As part of a large party I was greeted as an individual by John's wife, Martina. That is what customer service is all about... I was made to feel special. Beautiful hotel, beautiful setting, lovely people.

1  Thank Alan R