“Perfection all the way”

Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Lisdoonvarna
Cuisines: European, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Bar at Wild Honey Inn offers a bistro style menu with steaks, soups, salads and fresh local fish and shellfish as well as game when in season. We offer a select wine list of old and new world wines, most of which can be enjoyed by the glass. Draught and bottled beers are available and a premium choice of Irish and Scotch whiskies for the connoisseur.
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were nervous about not getting a seat on a Saturday eve, considering they take no bookings, but upon arrival near to 8pm, we were seated straight away no hassle.

We shared the crab claw starter - seriously delicious - we mopped up the sauce with the beautiful home-made bread which came at the start of the meal.

Mains were partridge w/ roasted parsnips and chicken w/ white beans. Seriously divine. I usually don't order chicken as I'd be looking for something more adventurous when eating out, but this chicken dish was superb.

Desert was apple crumble - very yummy indeed. Coffees were excellent.

Food aside, service was friendly and efficient. The atmosphere is lovely - the place has lots of character and warmth. The wine also deserves a special mention - I had a glass of merlot and it was exceptional for the price.

Bill came to just under 70 for 1 x starter, 2 x mains, 1 x desert, 2 x coffees and 2 glasses of wine. Great value for one of the best meals we've had in a while.

1  Thank kobbo

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had lunch and dinner here in September. We'd really enjoyed both meals and definitely one of the finer places to dine in Lisdoonvarna. The price wasn't too bad either. It's ideal as it is a bit away from the chaos in the village during the matchmaking festival.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Yesterday I celebrated my birthday with my family at The Wild Honey Inn. When we arrived the place was lovely and warm with a big wood fire blazing away. This was appreciated as it was very cold outside. There were six of us. For starters I had the velouté of smoked Haddock which I loved. The other starters the group had were the Liscannor Crab Claws and the Endive and Roqufort salad. All were enjoyed.

For the main I went for the chicken dish which was accompanied with white beans and potatoes. It was excellent and full of flavour. My wife had this dish as well and loved it also. The rest of the group had the fish and chips, and my son had a vegetarian option which was called the Wild Honey Tarte Flambée. He loved it.

For desert I had a sticky toffee pudding. I loved it. The other desserts that were eaten by our group were Eton Mess, blueberry and apple crumble, vanilla Crème Brûlée and ice cream. They were all enjoyed and quickly cleared from the plates.

It was a most enjoyable meal and a great way to celebrate my birthday. Will be back.

2  Thank scienceman56
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Really Great food - great atmosphere - real old world charm with cosy atmosphere. Good menu choice and friendly staff that don't impose and have the right balance. Lovey fires here. You cannot book so you have to take your chances

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were really looking forward to our first trip to this restaurant. The decor is very warm and the open fire on a dreary day was certainly welcome. But....and I hate to say there is a but....but, the service really lets the place down. We had to ask for menus, ask for our drinks order to be taken, ask for our food order to be taken. We had managed to secure the last table, but it was in the draught of the door, so we were keen to move when the table NEXT to us, but closer to the fire became free....well, you'd have thought we had just stormed the castle....we were told no, it eas not possible as it would confuse the kitchen....so we shamefacedly moved all our coats, bags and drinks back to draughtsville...The meal, when it arrived was indeed worthy of all the awards, but the poor service had really marred our experience....

3  Thank tweetie02