“Great food in a nice atmosphere.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wild Honey Inn Bar

Wild Honey Inn Bar
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Lisdoonvarna
Cuisines: European, Irish, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Bar at Wild Honey Inn offers a bistro style menu with steaks, soups, salads and fresh local fish and shellfish as well as game when in season. We offer a select wine list of old and new world wines, most of which can be enjoyed by the glass. Draught and bottled beers are available and a premium choice of Irish and Scotch whiskies for the connoisseur.
Doolin
“Great food in a nice atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Yesterday I celebrated my birthday with my family at The Wild Honey Inn. When we arrived the place was lovely and warm with a big wood fire blazing away. This was appreciated as it was very cold outside. There were six of us. For starters I had the velouté of smoked Haddock which I loved. The other starters the group had were the Liscannor Crab Claws and the Endive and Roqufort salad. All were enjoyed.

For the main I went for the chicken dish which was accompanied with white beans and potatoes. It was excellent and full of flavour. My wife had this dish as well and loved it also. The rest of the group had the fish and chips, and my son had a vegetarian option which was called the Wild Honey Tarte Flambée. He loved it.

For desert I had a sticky toffee pudding. I loved it. The other desserts that were eaten by our group were Eton Mess, blueberry and apple crumble, vanilla Crème Brûlée and ice cream. They were all enjoyed and quickly cleared from the plates.

It was a most enjoyable meal and a great way to celebrate my birthday. Will be back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank scienceman56

Ireland
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Really Great food - great atmosphere - real old world charm with cosy atmosphere. Good menu choice and friendly staff that don't impose and have the right balance. Lovey fires here. You cannot book so you have to take your chances

Visited October 2012
Ireland
“Fabulous food, poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were really looking forward to our first trip to this restaurant. The decor is very warm and the open fire on a dreary day was certainly welcome. But....and I hate to say there is a but....but, the service really lets the place down. We had to ask for menus, ask for our drinks order to be taken, ask for our food order to be taken. We had managed to secure the last table, but it was in the draught of the door, so we were keen to move when the table NEXT to us, but closer to the fire became free....well, you'd have thought we had just stormed the castle....we were told no, it eas not possible as it would confuse the kitchen....so we shamefacedly moved all our coats, bags and drinks back to draughtsville...The meal, when it arrived was indeed worthy of all the awards, but the poor service had really marred our experience....

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tweetie02
Greystones, Ireland
“Lovely spot, lovely food - service could have been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had a pleasant lunch here with family in September 2012.

This "gastropub" has been well decorated and the quality of the food on offer was high - hard to find better nearby I'd say.

Would have been a simple 4 star rating were it not for a couple of irritations on the service side. I thought the person initially serving us (the owner perhaps surprisingly enough???) was a little frosty when we arrived. Then we weren't asked what we wanted to drink, and when we asked for a glass of wine, the waitress (different person, not frosty!) had been left on her own even though she was too young to serve us alcohol.

My sister's glass of wine arrived when we were well over halfway through lunch - not ideal.

The food was excellent so I would recommend others to visit - however my own experience was a bit tarnished by the above.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NoelBarry
Limerick
“Splendid meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were here for Sunday lunch. I had the prawn salad for starters and the Halibut for mains. my wife had the fish pie for mains which she said was delicious. and for desert the eton mess. All lucious.
whith a glass of wine, cost €60