“high quality food, excellent service, kind staff”
Review of Wild Honey Inn

Wild Honey Inn
Ranked #5 of 16 Lisdoonvarna B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2010

We spent four nights here and it was a wonderful visit. Aside from offering excellent value for money the food service in the WHI is of a class belonging in high end London or NY restaurants. The wine list was top drawer but at very keen prices. Ireland, amid this deep recession, is rediscovering its strengths in hospitality, quality and value. The Wild Honey Inn captures all three.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 4, 2010

We stayed here recently with our two children (8 &12) while visiting the area with a larger group of college students that my husband was shepherding. The college students stayed at the Sleepzone hostel just across the street. We had hoped to have a family room and had requested that but the heat was not working on the floor that the family room was located on so we had two adjacent rooms on another floor. The rooms were lovely, the bathrooms were clean but SMALL and we weren't comfortable leaving our children alone to sleep in their room at night. The doors had to be locked with a key from inside or out and we felt that in the unlikely event of a fire, the kids would be in trouble trying to unlock their door. However, breakfast was AMAZING. One glitch was that we weren't sure where the breakfast room was and since we had requested an earlier breakfast time (which was cheerfully accommodated), there wasn't a crowd to follow. Just ask for directions to breakfast the night before...it's in a back hallway in a lovely room. Maybe not the best place to stay with kids, but only because you have to either separate or leave them alone in their room. Great place for couples or friends travelling together.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Fantastic! We will definitely return to the Wild Honey and would heartily recommend it to anyone. The food, breakfast and location are all beautiful and incredibly well priced. Make sure you have dinner here if you stay. And you will stay. :D It is 20 minutes from Lahinch and just minutes from Lisdoonvarnas' great pubs.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2010

Decided to go with my partner for Valentines night. We had a lovely meal, the starter crab was gorgeous and the main meal of duck was delicious! Although they were busy, I didnt feel that it took from the experience at all. We wanted a relaxing evening and thats what we got. The staff were lovely and the bar was really nicely decorated. There was a great crowd in the bar, and we had a sing-song into the early hours of the morning which was great. I had a great nights sleep and I would love to visit there again!

Reviewed February 18, 2010

I first heard about this place on the T.V show At Your Service. I must say I am always skeptical about how "great" places like Wild Honey Inn really are when I see them on T.V shows. But when I read an article in the newspaper on the their recent award, i was intrigued! Myself & my partner booked a night away for Valentines to see what all the fuss was about. After we checked in, (though I would have preferred one of the ground floor rooms - which I see many of the reviewers raved about - our room was very clean & cosy with a great comfy bed!) we went down to the bar, which had a roaring open fire on the go. The bar is a great space to relax with a glass of wine, which is exactly what we did before dinner. The food was quite possibly the best meals I have ever had. It really makes a difference when you know the food is being cooked to order! The hotel is in a great location to explore The Burren & Cliffs of Moher! We'll definatley be reccommending this place to all our friends!!

1  Thank Galway_Wine_Buff
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Having worked with the McGraths on a recent project, I decided to check out the food and accommodation at Wild Honey Inn. My partner and I stayed for one night on Valentines night.. Although busy on the night we enjoyed an excellent meal and had a great time in the bar afterwards where we had a sing song with some other guests.
The accommodation was clean, comfortable and warm and came at a very reasonable rate. I have every intention of staying again.

1  Thank davedev
Reviewed January 19, 2010

We visited the Wild Honey Inn in December with with Family and Friends. I had heard the food would be good, but it really was exceptional. The Hotel was very welcoming, the rooms are very comfortable and warm.
The bar was also a great spot. Great layout and very warm and inviting. There was music also on one of the nights which was very good. Very close to lot's of attractions also and great scenery. Hope to get back sometime soon

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank JoeyB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisdoonvarna
Sheedy's Country House Hotel
#4 of 16 in Lisdoonvarna
Rathbaun Hotel
Rathbaun Hotel
#4 of 7 in Lisdoonvarna

Been to Wild Honey Inn? Share your experiences!