“Fantastic place to eat!!!! Amazing.”
Review of Wild Honey Inn

Wild Honey Inn
Ranked #5 of 16 Lisdoonvarna B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hi I have recently ate in this wonderful establisment and I have to say I was not disappointed.!! we were met at the door by a wonderful waitress Anja. I hope I got that spelling correct. She was very pleasent and brought us to a lovely area. The Food was amazing words could not describe it. all in all a hidden Gem worth going for a meal!!! I will definately be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rose G

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a lovely "pub with rooms" run by a husband and wife team who clearly know what they are doing. The room was bright and comfortable. Breakfast excellent and the food in the cosy pub was interesting and really well prepared. Maybe we were just lucky that the other guests were superfriendly, but I suspect the place itself encourages people to talk to each other. An ideal place to explore the Burren from, at a very reasonable price. Short walk to a friendly pub, The Roadside Tavern, where they brew their own beer.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

What can I say…we have had the good fortune to stay at this Inn a few times and I am so happy to be able to say that the food and Bed & Breakfast somehow only gets better. Adian & Kate’s labor of love The Wild Honey Inn is an award winning restaurant and B & B. If you miss an opportunity to stay here you will hear in your travels something about this place and regret that you didn‘t stay here. Book a reservation now your in for a treat you won’t forget.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed here for three nights with a view to going to Mountain View Horse Riding Centre , visiting the Cliff of Moher , Doolin and the Burren .
The Inn was well located for these attractions.
On arrival we were warmly greeted by the chef proprietor Aidan McGrath , he offered us tea in the bar and we had a lovely chat .
The décor is tasteful and sympathetic to the Victorian building and exudes a homely feel. A well thought out mix of heritage colours and tones that reflect the unique landscape of the Burren .
There is a beautiful garden that is adjacent to the breakfast room , that is again tastefully
restored in keeping with the house and surrounding landscape.
I asked for a quiet room , I need not have bothered as the house is so big that I would imagine that all the rooms are private and quiet.I was given a lovely room at the top of the house.
The room was spotless of course and had a TV , double bed and a single bed. The linen was
crisp and white . The ensuite had a very powerful shower .
Breakfast was between 9am - 10am in low season. It was an amazing array of juices , breads, fruits and cereals . There was also a menu that included : Full Irish ,organic boiled eggs , french toast, maple syrup and blueberries and Arnold Bennett omelette and a couple of other specially prepared dishes . All the ingredients were locally sourced and organic and procured from artisan food producers.
We spent an hour or so in the guest sitting room , listening to Lyric FM and reading a selection
of interesting books and magazines that were provided.
The hospitality that we experienced from Aidan , Kate and their staff was warm and friendly.
I really got the feeling that The Wild Honey Inn is a labour of love for them .
I found our "staycation" in Co Clare to be a relaxing way to spend a week , doing the things we love most in life : eating , drinking , sight seeing and horse riding !
We hope to return soon again !

1  Thank FloraMCV
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed here two nights to experience dinner (twice) and breakfast. Great location for exploring The Burren, Cliffs of Moher and Doolin Cave. The Wild Honey Inn is super comfortable, warm and cosy, the best food, Dover Sole - amazing, confit of duck - generous and tasty, fish & chips - the best I have ever had! The omelette for breakfast was amazing and just perfect. Overall - great place to stay and eat in.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MelofHowth
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend last year. Really lovely place to stay, nice rooms, friendly owners and staff and top class food. We did Burren walks during the day and then dined in the bar both evenings. Casual dining at its best. The residents sitting room was out of action when we stayed, due to redecorating I think, which was a pity. Wild Honey Inn is definitely on my list of places to revisit, and the sooner the better.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are more spacious and some have patios so worth it if weather nice.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My family and I stayed at the wild honey inn last weekend. From start to finish we had a very enjoyable stay. Our room was nice and cosy with quirky furniture. Food was fantastic, you could feel the love put into the cooking by Aidan and his team. Kids loved the children's menu available. Kate and her team made you feel very comfortable especially with young kids. The bar is very cosy with lovely open fires. Lovely atmosphere. Breakfast was excellent, very nice selection and menu choices. We met locals That dine at the wild honey inn every weekend, so that shows how good the food and service is. Definitely will make a return visit. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisdoonvarna
Sheedy's Country House Hotel
Rathbaun Hotel
Rathbaun Hotel
#4 of 7 in Lisdoonvarna
Ballinalacken Castle Country House

Been to Wild Honey Inn? Share your experiences!