“Great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountain View Horse Riding Centre

Mountain View Horse Riding Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just outside Doolin village on the outskirts of the Burren. Enjoy fantastic views of the magestic Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, Connemara Mountains and Galway Bay on horseback. Gallop along the beach on Ireland's west coast. Caters for everyone from beginner to advanced rider offering treks from 1 to 6 hours long.
Houston, Texas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Prior to our trip to Ireland, each family member made a "Must Do" list. Horseback riding in Ireland was #1 on my grown daughters list. Our B&B recommended Mountain View Horse Riding Centre. Via email, I corresponded with Peter regarding our ride. Once we arrived, Peter and our horses were ready to get on the road. Inasmuch as we are beginner horse riders, we felt very comfortable on the giant horses and totally enjoyed our ride. As we rode along, Peter gave us the history of the area and was very patient with us. If you want to ride horses while in Ireland, I highly recommend this company. They are very professional and you can tell they love and take good care of their horses!

• Korean first
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best part of trip in Ireland.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

I am so glad that we included this in our four day trip in Ireland as this turned out to be the best part. Joanna was our guide and she is very knowledgeable about the area. If you are a beginner like me, she is very reassuring which made the entire experience pleasant. Our horses were excellent. I had the very well-behaved and gentle Guiness who I highly recommend for beginners like me. The scenery was unbelievably beautiful and seeing it on horseback is something else.

We booked this as a supplement to our visit to the Cliffs of Moher but it became the highlight of the visit. We got to see up close the various sights which otherwise you would not be able to experience if you just drive to the sights by car. I must say it was the most authentic and enjoyable experience we've had during our trip.

If it's your first time on a horse, you'd likely want to go back on a horse after this experience. This will be first on my agenda for my next trip to Ireland. We had a two and a half our ride but will book a half-day ride next time. Booking with Peter was a breeze. He was prompt and thorough with his emails. When we arrived at the place, everyone was warm and friendly. This experience makes me look forward to my next trip.

1 Thank Gemma B
Dayton, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent tour, horses, and scenes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

My husband and I did a three hour tour with Joanna. She was an excellent guide! We were the only two on the trek and were so fortunate for good weather. She let us trot and canter a bit, which was wonderful. Beautiful scenery, the horses were well behaved, and Joanna was very good about stopping so we could take pictures. We got to see the burren area, forests, Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, and so much more, all from horseback. This was our favorite part of our trip to Ireland! Peter is very responsive through email and so friendly. We HIGHLY recommend Peter and Joanna at the riding centre and would ride with them again!

1 Thank dsaun
Berne, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Even better the second time!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

When planning a return trip to Ireland for this year, I have to say that I planned a portion of it around Mountain View Horse Riding Centre... My girlfriend and I had amazing rides with Peter last year and brought 3 others with us this year. Peter did not disappoint... We had 2 half day rides that will stay in our memories always. He catered to all abilities in our group and has more knowledge of the area that any tour guide. The ride though the Caher Valley was enough to take your breath away with beauty... along with the full out 10 minute canters across the flats. We were thrilled to return to Fanore Beach to ride the waves! Peters' horses work hard but are in fabulous shape and are - for lack of a better word - so happy! His care and love for them, and their well being shows. The new members in our group are all looking forward to their second time with Mountain View Horse Riding Centre as well....

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Lynn S
Washington DC area
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfect Trail Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Just want to echo all the great reviews for Peter's trail rides. My family of 4 did a 3 hour ride on a sunny cool afternoon in mid April 2014 -- it couldn't have been better! Joanna our guide was wonderful - always in control, offering helpful advice and fun chat, but never bossy at all. She made sure that the 2 good riders in our group got plenty of chances to trot, canter and gallop, while remaining content to walk and trot with the 2 of us that are fair riders. The horses themselves are beautiful and very well behaved. The views of the Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher, Galway Bay and the Connemara Mountains are even better than advertised -- spectacular! And Peter was also wonderful, genuinely friendly and very accommodating. If possible, try to make time also to see the nearby Cliffs and to spend an evening in Doolin where the food is excellent and the local musicians even better.

Visited April 2014