“Even better the second time!!!”

Mountain View Horse Riding Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just outside Doolin village on the outskirts of the Burren. Enjoy fantastic views of the magestic Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, Connemara Mountains and Galway Bay on horseback. Gallop along the beach on Ireland's west coast. Caters for everyone from beginner to advanced rider offering treks from 1 to 6 hours long.
Reviewed May 2, 2014

When planning a return trip to Ireland for this year, I have to say that I planned a portion of it around Mountain View Horse Riding Centre... My girlfriend and I had amazing rides with Peter last year and brought 3 others with us this year. Peter did not disappoint... We had 2 half day rides that will stay in our memories always. He catered to all abilities in our group and has more knowledge of the area that any tour guide. The ride though the Caher Valley was enough to take your breath away with beauty... along with the full out 10 minute canters across the flats. We were thrilled to return to Fanore Beach to ride the waves! Peters' horses work hard but are in fabulous shape and are - for lack of a better word - so happy! His care and love for them, and their well being shows. The new members in our group are all looking forward to their second time with Mountain View Horse Riding Centre as well....

2  Thank Lynn S
"anyone who wants"
in 3 reviews
"highlight of our trip"

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Just want to echo all the great reviews for Peter's trail rides. My family of 4 did a 3 hour ride on a sunny cool afternoon in mid April 2014 -- it couldn't have been better! Joanna our guide was wonderful - always in control, offering helpful advice and fun chat, but never bossy at all. She made sure that the 2 good riders in our group got plenty of chances to trot, canter and gallop, while remaining content to walk and trot with the 2 of us that are fair riders. The horses themselves are beautiful and very well behaved. The views of the Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher, Galway Bay and the Connemara Mountains are even better than advertised -- spectacular! And Peter was also wonderful, genuinely friendly and very accommodating. If possible, try to make time also to see the nearby Cliffs and to spend an evening in Doolin where the food is excellent and the local musicians even better.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was looking forward to this day of our trip for 6 months, and was not disappointed. Peter was very helpful and considerate of our riding experience, and arranged for a good canter for myself while my inexperienced friend was able to continue on with another group for a bit. The views are incredible, and the beauty of the wild countryside is hard to describe.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Thanks so much to Peter and Joanna for a wonderful horseback riding trip. Our whole family did a one hour trek, even our youngest who had never been on a horse before. We had views of the Cliffs of Moher and rode right past many Famine house ruins. It was definitely worth the price and I wish we could have done a longer ride!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We couldn't fault our day out riding at mountain view. Peter and Johana's enthusiasm and love for horses is palpable. We were especially impressed that they took the time to chose horses that would best suit our varying levels of experience, I had the gentle giant Guinness. I cant think of a better was to spend a Saturday that trotting and cantering along the beautiful clare countryside with stunning views of Galway bay! Johana took us out and she was a brilliant guide. We hope to come back again.