“Food and staff fantastic.”
Review of The Boat Inn

The Boat Inn
Ranked #7 of 23 Oughterard B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We have stayed and dined in the boat inn many times now on visiting oughterard, always satisfied with the service and food is delicious, staff very friendly and welcoming, will be back without a doubt.
Debbie & Sean noon. Rossendale

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Seven of us dropped in here on the way to the airport to have a coffee. Fabulous welcome , great coffee and those wrapped biscuits you only get with coffee but can never find a packet to buy !! Coffee was topped up automatically and Karen
was really lovely. Thankyou.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had a great Easter weekend fishing on the lough corrib. Fishing was good but to round it all off was our stay in the Boat inn. The rooms were great, the service was excellent and the staff of the boat inn were friendly and courteous. I would highly recommend the Boat inn to my friends. Finbarr and Eddie from Cork

Reviewed April 26, 2014

If you have a chance to pop by The Boat Inn, do so!
Rory, who runs the place, is a delightful host, who does everything in his power to satisfy his guests.
I went there to celebrate my cousins birthday, and we were a large group, I do believe we rented all the rooms. In advance, the large room had been wonderfully decorated for us, and he had even made sure there was enough white wine for the Norwegian ladies (who did not fancy Guinness all that much).

The rooms were great, and the food was both reasonably priced and delicious. The Inn is also situated right in the middle of everything in Oughterard, and so we were very comfortable.

The Boat Inn was just great in every way it could, but most of all, the service made my stay so wonderful. I had to leave at 05:00 St. Patrick's day morning, and so I asked if I could have the number of a taxi. That I could not, however, Rory made the arrangement, gave med the taxis number, and offered me to change rooms for the five hours I could sleep, so that the noise from the bar would not bother me. This was of course not something he had to do at all, and I was quite amazed that he even thought of it.
I was also offered breakfast, and when I humbly asked for "perhaps a youghurt and an apple?", what met me in the reception av 04:55, was nothing more than two youghurts, a bottle of water, an orange juice and an apple.

Really, this place is the true experience of the very homely, very kind Irish people. Do visit!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Really really good food at very reasonable prices, soup was thick and tasty, wraps were delicious and all fresh and pleasantly served, will definitely be back and highly recommend. Really good coffee to boot.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on a bank holiday Monday for some lunch. My hopes were high because it looked nice. Ample outdoor seating in the sun. The menu was decent enough and reasonable priced. However the customer service left a lot to be desired. Barman didn't even make eye contact when I placed my order and the waitress who came to prepare our table threw the forks knives and napkins down with a scowl. We both had the burger which came with chips, coleslaw and salad. Credit where it's due the burger was delicious but the customer service left a really bad taste in our mouths.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stopped off for lunch on our way to Clifden at this lovely place, the service was wonderful, the waitress was so friendly and warm, which is rare these days. The lovely food was very tasty and fresh, spotless premises, I would highly recommend the Boat Inn to family and friends and definitely stop off here again, well done!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple