All reviews irish coffee library bar award winning two nights four poster bed night cap rack of lamb catch the ferry bit worn achill island the owner irish hospitality other guests beautiful grounds galway city gracious hosts wonderful dinner
Reviewed July 26, 2010

My wife and I had a good four days at the Hotel during our trip to Galway.

Henry and Elaine seemed to treat us as friends: not guests. Their style was relaxed and easy going. There was no pressure put on us.

The food and accommodation were all first rate and Henry's "craic" was non-stop.

We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel again. It was a very relaxed environment.

Date of stay: June 2010
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Ross Lake Hotel on our yearly trip to Ireland. We were looking for a quiet place with lots of charm in a good location. The Ross Lake House met all of our requirements. The hotel, service, food and hospitality were fabulous. This hotel has several public areas ideal for reading and relaxing all with a glowing fireplace. They were ideal for me as I sat sipping on a glass of Guinness and sketched a picture. I found myself not wanting to leave the proprietors at the end of our stay as they really made us feel welcome with their abounding Irish hospitality. You could really feel the heart and soul they have put into every detail of this hotel because the entire house radiates with their warmth and charm. I can’t wait to stay there next summer.

Date of stay: July 2010
1  Thank ashleybermo
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Just had the pleasure of staying at the Ross Lake House with my wife. The property is a beautifully restored country house dating back to the 1800's. It is located within it's own secluded grounds on the outskirts of Oughterard in the heart of Connemara. This is a truly beautiful and special property. It is an ideal base for touring the western Ireland.... It is cozy, intimate, offers incredible food, superb service and this is really Irish hospitality at it's finest. We simply did not want to leave. I have worked in the travel industry for many years and I cannot recommend this property highly enough... Stay here, you will not be disappointed and you'll have friends for life.

Date of stay: July 2010
2  Thank jimtplaces
Reviewed June 27, 2010

My wife and I visited Ross Lake House in June and had a great time. The hotel itself is very comfortable, and we instantly felt at home. The experience at Ross Lake is a great throwback to classic hospitality, with the owners being very attentive and accommodating, and providing great conversation if you are looking for it. The food in the restaurant was very fresh and had a nice twist on some classic dishes. The menu changes daily depending on what they can find at the farmers market.... this was easily the best meal we had on our whole trip and we ate at some nice places. All in all a quiet, relaxing place to stay with great food and a nice wine menu....do not hesitate!!!!

Date of stay: June 2010
2  Thank bridie01
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Three generations of my family stayed in this hotel on a recent trip to Galway, ages ranging from 5 to 72. Nothing was too much trouble for the owners, Elaine and Henry, the married couple who own and run this gem of a hotel. You are made to feel like a member of the family from the moment that you arrive. The rooms are traditionally and exquisitely decorated and somehow manage to strike the difficult balance of being luxurious yet homely at the same time. The food is simply to die for but this is not a place for those on a diet. If you dine in the restaurant a fish course is a must! Every age and whim is catered for. Cant wait to return. Simply excellent!

Date of stay: May 2010