I can't find enough great things to say about Currarevagh House. We were welcomed like family and quickly shown to our room and invited to afternoon tea. The house itself has so much character. Exquisite woodwork, antique furniture, original (or close to) windows. If you are looking for a modern hotel, look elsewhere. The age and craftsmanship of the house are what gives the place its character. Henry and his mother were so charming and helpful with every aspect of our evening, morning and day's plans. We had a wonderful dinner to celebrate our anniversary and all 4 courses were wonderfully done. Pricey but worth it. The bathroom had an actual bathtub which is a rarity and to be cherished. The grounds with walking paths and views of the lake are a great way to get away from it all. Only regret is we only stayed one night. Easily our best accommodations in Ireland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ireland's longest running guesthouse now managed by the sixth generation of Hodgsons; 180 acres of private lake shore estate, comfortable surroundings offering a unique experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Currarevagh House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Currarevagh House Hotel Oughterard
- Currarevagh Hotel Oughterard