It felt like a step back in time. We loved the breakfast and especially dinner. Being called to the dining room for dinner when the gong rang out was great. Lucy prepared a gourmet meal that was awesome and Henry makes a delicious Irish Coffee too. It was very peaceful and beautiful. It was a little far from Galway, so we didn't venture out at night, but we enjoyed walking the grounds and admiring the star lit sky. We would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ireland's longest running guesthouse now managed by the sixth generation of Hodgsons; 180 acres of private lake shore estate, comfortable surroundings offering a unique experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Currarevagh House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Currarevagh House Hotel Oughterard
- Currarevagh Hotel Oughterard