“Fantastic”

Knockillaree Riding Centre
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Oughterard
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I booked a ride with Roger not expecting to be the only rider. Had a lovely ride into the surrounding hills chatting about Irish history, past and present. I rode a well-mannered horse that was better than I have been on for a long time. Book your ride into the real Irish countryside you can only see from horseback.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

If your wish has always been to canter with a horse throgh the green and boundless Irish pririe, you are in the right place!!!
I've ridden just 6 times before, but I was able to canter with their quiet horses, and even for my girlfriend, that is more expert than me, was a great experience. So it doesn't matter how good u're at riding, just enjoy your experience!!!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was a great experience. Ireland is so full of beautiful scenery that you can enjoy so much more on a horse. Roger was so amazing. He took the coat off his back to give us because we were cold! my family & I are so grateful for his help along the way & in pointing us in the right direction to go afterwards finding us a place to stay the night. I loved the horses & would definitely go back again. Thanks Roger & Tom!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Roger was the perfect host.Everyone we met associated with the riding center were very pleasant.Ciera [speeling?],our guide was just a pleasure to talk with and very informative.The Horses were excellent! The countryside spectacular! We had a sunny day in a rainy week.The Lord certainly granted us a beautiful excursion!Nell,Zach and I will never forget this spot.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was passing through Connemara and missing my own horse. Roger was able to book me in at very short notice, assessed my level of experience and matched me with Bagel, a grand horse for the job, and a lovely friendly guide. We rode along quiet roads, green lanes and to the top of the mountain with stunning views. We enjoyed many a fast canter where we could and had a fantastic trek. Ponies well cared for, (plenty of water available), tack in good condition, all levels of experience catered for. Knockillaree comes highly recommended.