“Nice people, range of horses, fantastic scenery”

Knockillaree Riding Centre
Galway, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Nice people, range of horses, fantastic scenery”
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I've been on a few "hacks" with Knockillaree Riding Centre and have to say they were great. The owner, Roger, was very laid back and nice but hugely knowledgeable and professional - he assessed our riding skills and, as I have riding experience, gave me a horse that suited my skills. My boyfriend, who has only ridden once or twice before, had a quieter horse that was perfect for him.

On one of hacks, we went up a quiet road and then through the brush, up to a point high on a hill overlooking Oughterard. You could see Lough Corrib, the Twelve Bens of Connemara (beautiful snow-capped mountains), and we could even see Ashford Castle in the distance! Another time, we went through a nature reserve forest, really lovely and peaceful, and you could get a good canter along the path. This also had great views of Lough Corrib.

The price was incredibly reasonable, and it's a lovely day out.

Visited January 2011