“Delicious”

Casa Pasta
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went on 12th of February with my boyfriend for the first time. I'll get the negatives out first... What initially put me off was the tiny size of the restaurant, and how close together every table was. Personally, I don't like that and prefer to be in a corner to myself but was jam packed in the middle of everybody.

Another off-putting thing was that when you were there having your meal, people would come up to get their take-aways and stand there 5 feet away from you watching you eat. Didn't like that at all but suppose not much they can do.

The starter I had bruschetta with olive tapenad, red pepper and goats cheese. I think it was the nicest thing I've ever tasted, was so nice and the presentation was great. My boyfriend had the chicken wings and blue cheese dip. This wasn't to my taste as the wings were very vinegary and not my kinda thing. For main I had carbonara and my boyfriend had a pasta dish with tomatoe sauce and meatballs, can't remember the name. But he said it was the nicest pasta he'd ever had. I thought it was okay when I tried his. My carbonara was disappointing because I expected it to be a bit creamier. But that's just my preference, it was lovely besides that!

For desert I had apple crumble and my boyfriend had the Banoffee.. both were lovely. I'd love to go again

1  Thank Martypantsx
There are newer reviews for Casa Pasta

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I took my boyfriend to Casa Pasta for his birthday and we were extremely pleased with the entire experience. Service was excellent, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and food was amazing. We had the tomato and buffalo mozzerella stack as an appetizer, it was absolutely wonderful. He had the tiger prawn linguini and raved about it, and my spinach and ricotta ravoli was delicious. We skipped dessert but they had some that looked great. Very reasonably priced, excellent value as well. Definitely recommend Casa Pasta, will be back over and over!

1  Thank bgriffs
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I went here last Saturday evening and could not believe how busy this place was for January. We arrived early to make use of the early bird which I found super value and even better that it is available 7 days per week. It's 2 courses €19.50 & 3 courses €22.50 with a €5 supplement on steak & fish of the day.
It's been a year or so since my last visit and they have revamped the whole place since its quite modern with lots of dashes of bright colours around the room ( I loved it)
The menu has also changed but all the old favourites are still there. We had 2 of the new sharing planks between 4 to share. Plank 4 had all the old popular dishes like Brie, quesadilla, bruschetta, and fab Cajun wings and the second plank was a seafood plank with calamari, haddock, crab cakes & tiger prawn bruschetta. All I can say is delish a Welcome new addition.
For mains I had my old favourite the chicken & sun dried tomatoes as good as ever. Two of my friends had the fillet steak which had a choice of potatoes and sauté onions & mushrooms. They were really impressed. They were cooked perfectly and a really good size. My forth friend had a pizza , it looked great but I never got a taste as it was inhaled in seconds.
We had no room for dessert but there was plenty of choice.
The staff were very attentive and I was delighted to see some of the old faces who recognised us even though its been quite some time since our last visit and made us feel extremely welcome.
Overall a great dining experience was had and I will definitely be going back and won't be leaving it so long the next time!

1  Thank Food4thought883
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had a really hard time deciding whether to rate this a 3 or a 4, so maybe my decision is a coin toss. The fact is that the salad I ordered was absolutely delicious, the glass of wine with it was lovely, and my companions were all quite happy with their food as well. Other positives: once we were seated, the service was perfectly attentive, natural, and friendly. And the view over the harbour, although it was dark and wet out, was pleasant; our dinner companions, who are regulars here and love this place, have raved about the view at other times of the day and year.

So what is there to gripe about? Mostly presentation. When we first walked up to the reception station, right on time for our reservation, a waitress was standing right there but refused to make eye contact. She left the station to attend to a couple of things around the room, all the while ignoring us. Then when she was ready, she took our names and learned that we were the party with the reservation, BUT-- our table wasn't ready. OK, so we took a seat at the bar, and it was only for a couple of minutes, and meanwhile a waiter very courteously took our coats. So far two minuses and a plus.

When we were seated, we got our menus right away, our drinks order was filled quickly, and pretty soon we were able to place our food order also. The wait staff were right on the spot when we needed them. But the room was awfully noisy, with lots of crowded tables, rather bare walls, and no soundproofing in evidence.

Food came, and I was really delighted with the salad, which had spinach, fig leaves, pine nuts, and other wonderful flavours perfectly balanced. The others at our table got pasta, and while they said it was delicious, I was baffled at the way the restaurant chose to serve two of the dishes, which were essentially piles of white pasta placed in the bottom of big white bowls. Period. Why? Any little touch to give the dishes eye appeal would have been helpful--a different colour bowl, a garnish, a bed of lettuce, a couple of sticks of vegetables. Anyway, we were enjoying the conversation with our friends, so some little shortcomings in the appearance of the food weren't a big deal.

I was wishing it were quieter, when what should they decide to do but turn on some music. Raucous, jangly music that did nothing for the ambience. I kept cupping my hand to my ear. I couldn't tell what the music was (the buzz of talk in the room was too loud), and I couldn't make out the words of the conversation (the overall noise level was too much). I did mention to a waitress that the music made it hard to hear, and she promptly offered to turn it down. That was better, only it seemed that within a few minutes, someone had turned it back up again.

I very nearly gave this place a four instead of a three, but in the end I came away regretting that the restaurant didn't live up to its potential. The kitchen is talented, but the managers need to think of their guests' other senses besides taste.

2  Thank JenPacific
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The value of the food for very good price. I like small bits from starters or pasta. They have good wine list for very good price. Also sometimes you can get freshly cut slice of Spanish jamon! I like the narrow tables at the window when you can adore the stunning view! The staff is very friendly & professional.

1  Thank Maria Aleksandr... O