“Great value!”

Casa Pasta
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I went here last Saturday evening and could not believe how busy this place was for January. We arrived early to make use of the early bird which I found super value and even better that it is available 7 days per week. It's 2 courses €19.50 & 3 courses €22.50 with a €5 supplement on steak & fish of the day.
It's been a year or so since my last visit and they have revamped the whole place since its quite modern with lots of dashes of bright colours around the room ( I loved it)
The menu has also changed but all the old favourites are still there. We had 2 of the new sharing planks between 4 to share. Plank 4 had all the old popular dishes like Brie, quesadilla, bruschetta, and fab Cajun wings and the second plank was a seafood plank with calamari, haddock, crab cakes & tiger prawn bruschetta. All I can say is delish a Welcome new addition.
For mains I had my old favourite the chicken & sun dried tomatoes as good as ever. Two of my friends had the fillet steak which had a choice of potatoes and sauté onions & mushrooms. They were really impressed. They were cooked perfectly and a really good size. My forth friend had a pizza , it looked great but I never got a taste as it was inhaled in seconds.
We had no room for dessert but there was plenty of choice.
The staff were very attentive and I was delighted to see some of the old faces who recognised us even though its been quite some time since our last visit and made us feel extremely welcome.
Overall a great dining experience was had and I will definitely be going back and won't be leaving it so long the next time!

1  Thank Food4thought883

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had a really hard time deciding whether to rate this a 3 or a 4, so maybe my decision is a coin toss. The fact is that the salad I ordered was absolutely delicious, the glass of wine with it was lovely, and my companions were all quite happy with their food as well. Other positives: once we were seated, the service was perfectly attentive, natural, and friendly. And the view over the harbour, although it was dark and wet out, was pleasant; our dinner companions, who are regulars here and love this place, have raved about the view at other times of the day and year.

So what is there to gripe about? Mostly presentation. When we first walked up to the reception station, right on time for our reservation, a waitress was standing right there but refused to make eye contact. She left the station to attend to a couple of things around the room, all the while ignoring us. Then when she was ready, she took our names and learned that we were the party with the reservation, BUT-- our table wasn't ready. OK, so we took a seat at the bar, and it was only for a couple of minutes, and meanwhile a waiter very courteously took our coats. So far two minuses and a plus.

When we were seated, we got our menus right away, our drinks order was filled quickly, and pretty soon we were able to place our food order also. The wait staff were right on the spot when we needed them. But the room was awfully noisy, with lots of crowded tables, rather bare walls, and no soundproofing in evidence.

Food came, and I was really delighted with the salad, which had spinach, fig leaves, pine nuts, and other wonderful flavours perfectly balanced. The others at our table got pasta, and while they said it was delicious, I was baffled at the way the restaurant chose to serve two of the dishes, which were essentially piles of white pasta placed in the bottom of big white bowls. Period. Why? Any little touch to give the dishes eye appeal would have been helpful--a different colour bowl, a garnish, a bed of lettuce, a couple of sticks of vegetables. Anyway, we were enjoying the conversation with our friends, so some little shortcomings in the appearance of the food weren't a big deal.

I was wishing it were quieter, when what should they decide to do but turn on some music. Raucous, jangly music that did nothing for the ambience. I kept cupping my hand to my ear. I couldn't tell what the music was (the buzz of talk in the room was too loud), and I couldn't make out the words of the conversation (the overall noise level was too much). I did mention to a waitress that the music made it hard to hear, and she promptly offered to turn it down. That was better, only it seemed that within a few minutes, someone had turned it back up again.

I very nearly gave this place a four instead of a three, but in the end I came away regretting that the restaurant didn't live up to its potential. The kitchen is talented, but the managers need to think of their guests' other senses besides taste.

2  Thank JenPacific
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The value of the food for very good price. I like small bits from starters or pasta. They have good wine list for very good price. Also sometimes you can get freshly cut slice of Spanish jamon! I like the narrow tables at the window when you can adore the stunning view! The staff is very friendly & professional.

1  Thank Maria Aleksandr... O
Reviewed October 8, 2012

a lover of Pasta - besides Nico's in Dame Street - i find it difficult to get a restaurant that serves (presumably made from scratch on site ??) really good Pasta - Casa Pasta does and it is extremely reasonable to boot ! great atmosphere and service pretty impressive too !

Reviewed July 23, 2012

booked a table to dine in casa pasta for Saturday night at 8.30pm. my self and boyfriend arrive on time we where greeted and told our table was not ready and we where taken to the bar for a drink. we sat at the bar for 10/15 minutes and where not offered to order a drink. we where eventually taken to our table ordered and ate our meal. we had bruschetta to start it was way too salty then i had the pasta with king prawns, very disappointing the pasta was over cooked and prawns also over cooked with a little too much oil over everything. my boyfriend had a pizza the topping of chicken was average and the crust was burnt! eventually it came time to pay my boyfriend paid with his card it declined twice so i proceeded to pay with my card the transaction went through. the following day we noticed his account had been charged twice for the meal. i called the restaurant instantly to sort the problem. the girl informed me the manager was off and would call me first thing Monday morning. come 2pm Monday i had not herd so i called and she played dumb and told me she was not told about the problem. she then proceeded to tell me it was a matter with the bank and not her restaurant. even though the transaction was done in her restaurant with her till. she did not apologise once or offer any compensation to me and told me i had to get in contact with my bank and there was nothing she could do. i am very disappointed with the service from casa pasta and would not recommend to anyone. we are still minus 100 euro and waiting a refund from the restaurant. very disappointing!

5  Thank food4life89