“best experience in an traditional irish bar”
Review of The Abbey Tavern

The Abbey Tavern
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Howth
Cuisines: Irish, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

last week i visited howth and stumbled upon the Abbey Tavern !!! There was a great show on and to my surprise i loved every minute of it .
The food that we ordered was first class starters were great and the main meals were really excellent topped of by the sweet and the great beer
Service was fast and really friendly I will visit this bar again as it has really impressed me
the customers were all chatty and easy to get along with
overall top marks to the manager and the staff

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Nothing to ring home about but there is nothing wrong with the Abbey Tavern. The first evening I called in here the staff were nice and friendly and wanted to know was I new to the area - which I am. Food was good. Tasty, hot and served quickly. It has a good few areas for you to seat yourself down and it's perfect if you're on your own to just read a newspaper or go on the internet.

1  Thank DavidGrogan
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I came here with a tour group. They put us I a large room with many other tour groups. It became very loud and cramped. I was lucky I sat at the end of a table. The singing part of the show was not that great, but the dancers were wonderful. Our server, Aiofe, was so pleasant and so good at her job. The food was nothing special, but the building is pretty cool. If you get a chance walk outside. The waterfront is just down the street.

1  Thank travelbug281
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Loved the Irish stew and good selection of beers on tap and other alcohol available. Liked the singing but the dancing was even better. Probably the best part of our time in Ireland.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I would rate the food as a 5 - very good and the service was good as well. The show...well, the dancers were good for such a small venue and it was fun to watch them perform a couple of times. The singers were good and I liked the music but the banter in between numbers was not entertaining - just boring. They need to sing more and talk a LOT less.