This is a very charming area, a beautiful harborside town just outside Dublin. It's unfortunate that there are so few accommodations, which is why we were referred to this hotel by the owner of a very fine restaurant in town, who described it perfectly; needs serious attention, but a wonderful setting for a good price. We were given a room for one night, large by most standards, well-priced. The entire hotel is shabby and absolutely needs an uplift before things start to fall apart. I see that the staff is defending itself against many of these comments, for good reason. I called for an early-morning wake-up call to make a flight and they called a half-hour late. I didn't trust them so my mobile phone made a good backup; otherwise, I probably would have missed my flight. The desk people were very friendly, but the guy handling the wake-up calls was obviously in his own world. Bottom line: OK if you need a room, but don't rely on anything else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deer Park Hotel is situated in the grounds of Howth Castle and surrounded by its own golf courses and yet only 9 miles from Dublin City Centre and Airport. Facilites include swimming pool with sauna and steam room and 2 all weather tennis courts. All rooms have bathroom, shower, TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Our Four Earls Restaurant offers an excellent menu including fresh fish from nearby Howth Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Deer Park Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deer Park Hotel Golf And Spa
- Deer Park Hotel Golf Howth
- Deer Park Hotel Course
- Deer Park Howth