“Super Course , Meals in a Minute”

Howth Castle Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 1 Food & Drink in Howth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Howth castle cookery school is set in the magnificent grounds of Howth Castle which is located in the picturesque village of Howth. Howth is a fishing village 16 Km from the city center with breathtaking scenery on our doorstop. We have an arrange of classes to suit all levels of cooking , from the beginner to the more advanced.Our cook and dine classes begin with a guided cooking class which you will prepare and finish with dinner with and a glass of wine. We also offer corporate packages for team building exercises .Please visit our website for more details
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Super Course , Meals in a Minute”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I attended The Kitchen in the Castle on Wednesday morning last . It was a simple but delightful cookery lesson . Meals in a Minute ! Supe , easy to follow dishes , not over fussy & ideal for working mums like myself to use after a hard days work . Our teacher Sarah was excellent , fun , efficient & precise . I shall definatly be back this wintr to try some more courses.
The other ladies loved the Daytime course as we finished well in time for school collections and we had a yummy lunch before we left !! !!!lookingforward to some Christmas cookery lessons !!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

KNC C, Owner at Howth Castle Cookery School, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Lisa,

Thank you for yet another lovely review of the cookery school. We love having you here and hope to see you again soon.

“Knife Skills course”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I attended this course on the 11th Sept 2013. The class was a small group of 5 and Eleanor Martin was our tutor. The class started on time and we were very competently instructed in a friendly and easy manner. What was very good was that after each skill was demonstrated, we practised that skill and had individual supervision - as opposed to trying out that skill 30 mins after a demo in a large class. The instruction was at the class's pace and we only moved on when everyone was happy. We finished the evening having a very nice 3 course meal (which we had prepared) with wine and had the recipes to take home. Most importantly, we were able to remember those skills some days later. A very enjoyable, instructive and good value evening.

Daith,

I'm delighted that you and your wife enjoyed the Knife Skills Workshop, It's amazing how easy cooking comes when you learn the right skills. We really hope to see you both again some time soon.

Edwina
“Fabulous evening and venue”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Very welcoming on arrival our tutor was great clear and precise on her instructions would highly recommend to anyone for a very good idea as a present

Maria,

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed the Quick and Simple Fish Cookery Course. We hope to see you again soon at The Kitchen in the Castle.

Edwina
“Brilliant! Great variety in dishes prepared!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Will definitely be going back to kitchen in the castle to try another course! I did the quick and simple fish course and thought it was brilliant!

Visited August 2013
KNC C, Owner at Howth Castle Cookery School, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Maria,

Thank you for your very kind comments. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time at The Kitchen in the Castle and look forward to seeing you again.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I've had 3 different classes in the kitchen in the castle cookery school in Howth. I've done "an all day course" which covered cake & breadmaking, a cupcake and macaroon making evening course and a vegetarian tapas evening course. All three classes were very informative and also taught in a relaxed atmosphere. The courses are suited to all, whether you are participating as part of a group or on your own. The teachers are all very friendly and have no problem answering any questions that pop up throughout the class. Since doing the classes I've used the recipe sheets given to me to make the recipes we did in class and I'm delighted to say that they turned out well and my family/friends enjoyed them. In my view this class is excellent value for money and I'll be doing more classes there in the future.

Visited August 2013

Miriam,

Thank you for your very kind comments. I'm glad that you were pleased with the many different classes that you have taken at The Kitchen in the Castle and I am very much looking forward to seeing you again.