“Perfect evening fit for foodies”

Howth Castle Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 1 Food & Drink in Howth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Howth castle cookery school is set in the magnificent grounds of Howth Castle which is located in the picturesque village of Howth. Howth is a fishing village 16 Km from the city center with breathtaking scenery on our doorstop. We have an arrange of classes to suit all levels of cooking , from the beginner to the more advanced.Our cook and dine classes begin with a guided cooking class which you will prepare and finish with dinner with and a glass of wine. We also offer corporate packages for team building exercises .Please visit our website for more details
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I got this evening as a gift! To say I wasn't looking forward to it would be an understatement....anyway I gritted my teeth and went along. Stressing I'd be asked to do something.......I was asked and enjoyed every minute of it. We met some really interesting people and made some amazingly tasty food and ate it all. Since doing it I've been telling anyone who'd care to listen about our experience. Great teacher great food great night.....we'll be repeat offenders

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
KNC C, Owner at Howth Castle Cookery School, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Ace7t5,

Thank you for your very kind comments. I am thrilled that we were able to change your opinion about cookery school and that you truly had a wonderful time. I hope to see you again soon at The Kitchen in the Castle.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Five stars for a first class experience!

I was in town with a girlfriend for the Rock-n-Roll Dublin Half Marathon and we wanted to take a cooking class to become more intimately acquainted with the local cuisine. We found this cooking school on-line, and felt that the availability/variety of classes, price point, and location would be worth the investment. We hopped onto the Green Line and traveled to the last stop (Howth) and walked 5 minutes from the train station to the Deerpark Golf & Spa, where the cookery classes were held.

The cooking school is located in a beautiful rustic castle in Howth. The class is ~2 hours long, followed by a sit down dinner with your classmates. There were 9 total participants and we made four fish courses (mackerel, cod, haddock, skate wing) and sides. We made several preparations which was a great way to learn different methods for preparing fish: pan fried, en papillote (steamed in own juices), and baked. Chef Eleanor was very knowledgeable, and patient; answering all of our questions while keeping the cooking service moving along. Everyone got a chance to participate in every component of cooking: from skinning the fish, cutting fresh herbs and peeling cucumbers for the relish, to dicing peppers, pounding herbs in the pestle/mortar for the spice rub and putting the potatoes thru the ricer for the olive oil mash; it was all great fun!!!

When the cooking ended at 9, we sat down and feasted on the food we prepared; we killed several bottles of white and red wine, and our food was served with fresh bread and salad. The only downside was that Chef Eleanor wasn't able to dine with us, but all in all, this was a wonderful experience and I would gladly come to another class; the olive oil mash recipe alone made it well worth the time :-)

Definitely worth a trip if you're ever in the city!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your comment. I'm glad you had such a lovely time at The Kitchen in the Castle. If you are back in Dublin, we would be delighted for you to visit us again.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I attended a cookery class and lunch at The Kitchen In The Castle in July. We booked a group class for myself and eleven of my friends/family as part of my hen celebrations. The instructors Edwina and Eleanor were lovely, and took us through the cookery session with ease. It was lovely to make a three course lunch menu that we had chosen ourselves from the school's recipe collection. As we all helped out with different parts of each recipe, no one was stuck doing every part of every dish alone. The kitchen is bright airy and pretty, a lovely setting to learn in. There was plenty of jugs of cool water on hand, which was great on a hot sunny day, and the work surfaces were constantly cleared off as we worked by the kitchen staff, which was a great help. Even the guests who considered themselves good cooks all admitted that they learned plenty of tips and tricks during the lesson. Great fun was had by all, and the best part was then to be shown to a long dining table to have our menu served to us with lovely red and white wines. I would highly recommend the school for a cookery lesson, or a group activity/party. Thank you Edwina and Eleanor for a very special and fun afternoon, I will be back!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you very much for your comment. We are delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your hen party. Congratulations and we hope to see you and your husband soon at The Kitchen in the Castle.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I went there with another couple to complete an Xmas dinner course. We really enjoyed the night. Good food great atmosphere and we learnt a lot. We are ready to,go back for more.

KNC C, Owner at Howth Castle Cookery School, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Cionn, thank you very much for your comments. I'm glad to hear you had a lovely time on the Christmas Course. I hope you will visit us again sometime soon. Edwina

Reviewed July 16, 2013

While on vacation in Dublin my mom and I decided to sign up for a class at The Kitchen in the Castle. We took the train to Howth and it was an easy walk from the station. We had a fantastic evening cooking some Asian dishes and we met some great people! This was a unique experience while we were in Ireland and we loved it! The surroundings are gorgeous, the teachers knowledgeable and the company fantastic. I would definitely recommend The Kitchen in the Castle for locals and tourists alike!

Thank you very much for your comments, I'm glad you and your mother enjoyed the cookery course and your time in Ireland. We hope you visit again. Edwina