“Great cooking, great tutors and great venue.”

Howth Castle Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 1 Food & Drink in Howth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Howth castle cookery school is set in the magnificent grounds of Howth Castle which is located in the picturesque village of Howth. Howth is a fishing village 16 Km from the city center with breathtaking scenery on our doorstop. We have an arrange of classes to suit all levels of cooking , from the beginner to the more advanced.Our cook and dine classes begin with a guided cooking class which you will prepare and finish with dinner with and a glass of wine. We also offer corporate packages for team building exercises .Please visit our website for more details
Reviewed December 6, 2012

On Tuesday I did A Spanish Dinner Party course at the Kitchen in The Castle. We cooked some lovely spanish food from Tapas to main courses - my favourite was a gorgeous Rioja Bean stew but all dishes were delicious and different. We sat down to dinner and really enjoyed tasting some new flavours - a glass of wine with some lovely company. I would highly recommend The Kitchen in the Castle, the tutors are first class and the venue is only divine. I have attended several courses here in the past four years and look forward to many more.

There are newer reviews for Howth Castle Cookery School

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Last week I did a tapas and paella course here. The kitchen is just beautiful, real olde world charm.

Edwina the instructor is lovely, very knowledgable and good fun too.

All the good we learned to cook was gorgeous and not overly taxing. Really enjoyed sitting down at the end for a chat, our paella and a glass of wine by candlelight

Highly recommended!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I attended a fish course a few months ago at The Kitchen in the Castle Cookery School. My daughter had given me a voucher so it was not really my choice and so it was with some trepidation that I went along. Well it was a really good experience. The tutors were first class. We cooked a variety of fish and their accompaniments and had a lovely meal of our food with a glass of wine to wash it down. I must say that the course was very informative and I could see that all the attendees were very impressed. They run courses for all aspects of cooking. I would recommend a course to any aspiring chefs or those wishing to further their culinary skills.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Did a sushi course yesterday evening and really enjoyed it.
Easy to follow and good food at the end.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

I did the baby cookery class and found it very very basic! The recipes were lovely though, but it would have been nice if they were a little more challenging. I was quite taken aback when I was asked did I want a go at stirring the mince??? The staff are lovely and it was nice to sit down when we had finished and taste what we had cooked.

1  Thank FMJH