“My New Number 1 Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Deep

Deep
Ranked #10 of 43 Restaurants in Howth
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, European, Soups
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tel: 806 3921 They've got a couple of rave reviews from newspapers displayed in their restaurant, but unfortunately I didn't note which papers they were. Their seafood was incredibly fresh, perhaps bought right off of the docks. We had incredible fried oysters and a hearty seafood chowder as appetizers, then an earlybird seafood special for two for dinner which included fishcakes, crawfish, mussels, Dublin Bay Prawns, squid, smoked salmon, and a small salad. Beautifully plated, amazingly delicious. I hope you're able to get more info because this place is not to be missed!
Dublin, Ireland
“My New Number 1 Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Went to Deep in Howth on Saturday night for the first time and I have to say from start to finish it was top notch. I had a reservation for 8:30 but needed to move it out later so when I phoned the restaurant I was expecting a little grief but was met with “not a problem” and were very accommodating.

Once we arrived at the restaurant we were met by extremely friendly staff who couldn’t do enough for us. The overall atmosphere within the restaurant was so relaxed and welcoming. We were seated quickly and throughout the meal were checked on and not rushed in any way.
The food was excellent, there’s a great selection to choose from for each course. I opted for the garlic and lemon tiger prawns to start and they were the best I’ve had in a long time. My main course of rib-eye was done exactly as I wanted it and was a total melt in the mouth experience. My Partner had the fishcakes to start, he’s a bit of a fishcake expert and said they were by far the best; his fillet of steak was again done to perfection. An amazing selection of desserts followed and everything at a very reasonable price.

Overall, I couldn’t recommend Deep enough and am looking forward to our next visit.

northumberland
“An Emerald gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Howth is a smashing little fishing village near Dublin. On a mild January afternoon it was a very pleasant walk around the harbour as the sun went down. During the walk we passed a couple of seafood speciality restaurants. We chose to give Deep a try and it turned out to be a great end to our visit. The atmosphere in side is quite contemporary but very nice. The food was fresh, imaginative and tasted excellent. A good variety is on offer, but after the walk past all the trawlers and fishmongers we had to opt for fish dishes and didn't regret it. The whole experience was enhanced by the very friendly and charming ladies who were front of house, making us feel welcome and taking time to chat without being at all over bearing.

Herts, UK
“Great food and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Ate here on a Saturday night. Busy - all tables were booked and people being turned away. Good menu of both fish and meat. Good location on the pier - service attentive but not overbearing. Would recommend highly

Skerries, Ireland
“overrated”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

ate here - will not eat again - overpriced - over rated - as a person who uses tripadvisor as a good guide i felt let down with the previous reccomendations - do not see the appeal at all

• Visited September 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Fantastic Fish Feast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Sunday afternoon lunch for four , Crab claws, Sea Bass, Hake special , Fish pie , Fish and Chips.
Simply wonderful , everything cooked Perfectly.
Friendly efficient Staff and a Full restaurant with a lovely Atmosphere beside the Pier and Fishing boats.
Great Location , Food ,and service.
Not to be missed.