“worst fish and chips in Dublin”
Review of Ivans Oyster Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Ivans Oyster Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ivans Bar and Grill, located on the West Pier of picturesque Howth Harbour, uniquely brings together the very freshest of local seafood with the highest quality ingredients fresh from the Market. Its interiors combine natural wood and tile finishes with plenty of light and airy views over the bustling harbour
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had a fish and chips meal in what a previous reviewer calls the 'tapas bar' of Ivan's Oyster Bar & Grill. This section does adjoin Ivan's Oyster Bar and Grill and the sign outside says 'Beshoffs of Howth Fishmongers and Market.' The tiny specks of white fish - origin completely unfathomable because by now a soft white mess in concrete-like batter- would not keep a fly alive. Tasteless pencil-hard chips. Never again - so disappointing on a late Summer sunny day-out in Howth. Shame on you, Beshoffs. The fresh fish on sale at the other side of the 'market' is delicious if you buy and cook at home.

IvansHowth, Front Office Manager at Ivans Oyster Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

We were all disappointed that your visit was not a happy one, we do appreciate your comments ..
Ivans

There are newer reviews for Ivans Oyster Bar & Grill

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We were here in may 13 and my parents loved plater with selection of oysters, crab claws and praws. We went there yesterday for the same and they weren't doing it :( chose from menu, which was pritty limited( maybe because we went for lunch). Food was good, my partner loved cod in the batter. Coffe good. Service ok, but not excellent.

Thanks for your review, and we will look at you comments reference the Menu.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

The food in the tapas bar was poor, and you will be too if you eat here because it's vastly overpriced.

It's a shame, because there is incredible potential - but it falls well short if the mark.

We have read your review and your comments have been discussed by all the team.
Thanks

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Swevice is good - fish great but simple things - chips were lousy- overall its ok but a little overpriced for quality

Thanks for your comments , we have taken them on board and discussed .Regards
All the Team at Ivans .

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Went there yesterday for a light lunch. I ordered the chowder, my partner the small fish and chips, plus 2 glasses of wine. Fish and chips arrived, no sign of the chowder. I told my partner to eat his food so it wouldn't go cold, confident that my chowder wasn't far behind. How wrong. As my partner came to the end of his meal and after making several attempts to catch the eye of the waitress, my partner went up to the food counter and asked where my chowder was. We watched as the waitress went over the the end of the food bar and asked for a portion of chowder which was served up out of a soup container. Seemples - sorry, by this time my partner had eaten his food so I told them to cancel it. Went down like a lead balloon. Yes, the waitress apologised, but I'm afraid it came across as very insincere and arrogant. So 2 glasses of wine and a very small portion of fish and chips later 20 euros. Wow! The explanation? - apparently it's very hard to get two different dishes to the same table at around about the same time. I'm sure they are not worried cos our table would have been quickly filled by the next mugs, sorry, customers......but we will be back to Howth, but not Ivans.

Thank you for your comments, we have all read your review and taken your ponts very seriously.
We apreciate your honesty.