“Probably the most underrated restaurant in Dublin !!”
Review of Ivans Oyster Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Ivans Oyster Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ivans Bar and Grill, located on the West Pier of picturesque Howth Harbour, uniquely brings together the very freshest of local seafood with the highest quality ingredients fresh from the Market. Its interiors combine natural wood and tile finishes with plenty of light and airy views over the bustling harbour
London, United Kingdom
“Probably the most underrated restaurant in Dublin !!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have dined many times in this great restaurant - travelling from south Dublin all the may out to Howth. We love this place. We (me and the wife)are serious foodies. The food in Ivan's is absolutely fantastic and very reasonably priced. They alway have a special of the day which is generally around €20 (occasionally less) and which has never disappointed also their wine list has some very well priced wines. (they have a French Lombeline Sav Blanc €22 - this is good value for any restaurant).

Their oysters are also fantastic. Their battered fish and chip is great value - 2 beautiful fish pieces in beer batter. I've also had their lobster a number of times and was equally satisfied -

We have commented many times to ourselves as to why this restaurant is not busier than it has been. We eat regularly in the Pearl Brasserie, Locks, (Wild Goose & Dillingers, La Reserve - all Ranelagh) , Shanahans occassionaly, Il Primero, Rustic Stone, Fade Street Social........ So we are not just benchmarking Ivan's against any 2-bit eating joint.

I do not understand whatsover the previous comments re bad food, service or being overpriced. I can't believe they were in the same Ivan's as we were. Final point, the service we experienced has only ever been pleasant, courteous and professional.

I won't be taking Ivan's off my favourite's list anytime soon.

Dublin, Ireland
“Simply....crap.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

walked in, ignored, when asked for service after 15 minutes got ignored further. overpriced by the looks of things. awful, terrible, rude, etc.

1 Thank nodomhnaill
London, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and food average. Lunchtime visit.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The restaurant atmosphere is great and lovely decor but we were disappointed with our food. We ordered posh fish and chips and a bowl of seafood chowder. My husbands plate of fish and chips was tiny and my chowder was tasteless. I was tossing up between having the oysters or the chowder and I wish I had chosen the oysters. Our waitress seemed a bit disinterested in serving us and didn't bring the bread with the chowder and when my husband asked for it she wasn't too pleased to be asked to get it Great location but food is overpriced and what we ordered was basic.

Dublin, Ireland
“Slow”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Decided to pop in here last week during the sunshine for some seafood.The waitress took an eternity to come over despite us asking for menus on numerous occassions,when we did order the food took forever to arrive and was extremely disappointing in both taste and size.The quality was only average but the price and service were terrible.All in all will not return.

1 Thank Pat D
UK
“Ivan's Seafood and Oyster Bar, Howth”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Had a nice meal today, but lightweight on the main portion for the money - had the mixed seafood grill at abouit Euro 29, and thought that is was very tasty but should be more generous foir the money.
Can't fault the location and view, and facilities generally, though.