“A great stay”

St. Aiden's Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 4 Rathgar B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My wife and I (Canadian seniors, Jewish) had a great stay for two nights at this lovely B&B which was a close walking distance of both the local Orthodox and Progressive/Liberal synagogues. Host/Engineer Kevin was accommodating with paper plates, a nice vegetarian breakfast selection, carrying our luggage upstairs, assistance with M50 road toll and on-street parking stickers, and helpful travel and restaurant tips. Recommend the upper floor room for an over-shabbat stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nitkin-Kaner

Reviewed July 17, 2011

Family owned b & b staffed by two wonderful, welcoming people who couldn't do enough for us. Great attention to detail and knew everything there is to know about Dublin.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank alaniser
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I just returned from a high school trip to Dublin, Ireland. Although the students were hosted by host families in Rathgar, the adult chaperons were put up at St. Aidens. I had chosen St. Aidens for my colleagues and I, after hearing great things and reading reviews. I am so happy I made this choice. The house had a wonderful feeling to it. Kevin was super responsive about our group's kosher requirements. Breakfast was fresh and delicious (Kevin makes the best coffee). Our room was clean, and the bathroom was modern. On Saturday our group walked into center Dublin and toured Dublin Castle. The walk took about 45 minutes, but was pleasant. Our tour bus in to center town took less than 10 minutes in traffic. If you have sabbath requirements, the house is a 5 minute walk from an orthodox synagogue, and around the corner from a church. I can not say enough good things about the experience. Basically, if you are looking for a home away from home feeling, this is it. You will not be sorry.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I found this family run guesthouse to be the perfect place for me in Dublin. 150 year old house with modern amenities including free broadband. Marie and Kevin are lovely thoughtful and professional. The location was good form me, only 20 minutes by taxi to Merrion Park. The rooms while simple are comfy. Anyone who appreciates a quiet neighborhood and a simpler setting instead of glitz and chrome, will love their stay at St. Aiden's

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank awGinotShomron
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I stayed at St. Aiden's for four nights (I stayed an extra day, I felt so relaxed) when I took a solo mental health holiday and I found it to be exactly what I wanted. It is outside of the city, so no loud traffic or parties, but the transport links are excellent so I didn't feel cut off. All I could hear were birds chirping and the occassional church bell. For any city dweller, spending a few nights in the quiet suburbs of Dublin is bliss. The room was comfortable (bed a little worse for wear but I can live with that) and always warm. Plenty of space and storage so I could unpack and not feel cluttered. The housekeeping was excellent and everything was always nicely in order when I retured from my days out. The sitting room was homey and inviting and there was often a fire in the fireplace. Kevin and Marie never failed to offer me tea or coffee when they found me in the sitting room. Breakfast was both substantial and delicious, a rare combination. I didn't need to eat again until dinner! The Rathgar area is very nice too. It has pretty much everything you might need, like a chemist, an off licence, restaurants, pubs, etc. There were a lot of nice little touches too, like WiFi, books and movies, and you can even get access to the local gym I think, though I didn't. All in all, I had a wonderful stay and would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank TravellerChauchat
Reviewed September 1, 2008

I stayed at St. Aiden's Guesthouse for 10 nights. Kevin and Marie are excellent hosts. They really go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms were immaculate and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank laurenbag
Reviewed January 30, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed at St Aiden's for a couple of nights in Jan 08. We needed somewhere in the Rathgar area and this guesthouse was perfect for us. Rooms were clean with nice finishing and were a comfortable size - not huge but big enough for us. A big, big plus was the included breakfast which offered you not only a large selection of fruits, cereals and breads but also 4 hot options which were huge and delicious. Our host (I'm unsure of her name) was lovely and insisted on making sure we had eaten enough. I imagine that if after eating the entire full Irish breakfast she had just cooked for me I had wanted more, another plate would have come my way without complaint. The location was great for us as we were not in Dublin to sightsee rather to see friends who lived in the area but nonetheless it was still only a short 15 minute bus ride into town which was very convenient. The lovely Rathmines was also only a 25 minute walk (or 5 mins on the bus) where you could grab a meal or drink at the numerous bars and restaurants.
All in all my girlfriend and I were more than satisfied with St Aiden's and would stay again without question.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Molandtang
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rathgar
Ariel House
Rathfarnham
Abrae Court Guesthouse
Abrae Court Guesthouse
#109 of 150 in Dublin

Been to St. Aiden's Guesthouse? Share your experiences!