“A great little restaurant”
Review of Manifestino - CLOSED

Manifestino
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Zurich
“A great little restaurant”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Can anyone tell me how Manifestino, with 83% favourable reviews, has slipped to number 2 in the list of Rathgar restaurants - to be replaced by Il Divo, now in top position with 79%? Maybe someone with more knowledge of TA can enlighten me.
Living abroad, travelling a fair bit and choosing restaurants with care, it was such a pleasure on returning to Ireland for a few days to find a new restaurant that for cooking, friendliness and value for money can rank among the best that I've been to this year.
I booked a table for two and on arrival was greeted by a charming waitress (Rumanian) who during the evening looked after the two of us pleasantly and efficiently. As a bonne bouche we were offered cubes of a very tasty focaccia with loads of garlic flavour. For starters I went for the scallops (a must for me whenever they're on the menu) while my sister opted for the aubergine flan. She pronounced it to be delicious; my scallop dish was pure heaven. The visual presentation of both dishes was A1. Regarding mains, we both chose fish. She was delighted with her sea-bream; I was in ecstasy over my tuna. Previously I had never been happy about my restaurant experiences with tuna; the only occasions of satisfaction had been when I had bought fresh tuna and cooked it myself. But my attempts were poor compared to this. The fish was unbelievably light and tender while sacrificing nothing to full-bodied flavour. To anyone who says, "I don't like tuna" I would say, "Go to Manifestino." The white wine with my scallops was good, the red with the tuna was excellent. We had promised ourselves a dessert, but had eaten more than well and decided to stop while we were winning (We had pigged out on the focaccia, polishing it off so quickly that the waitress had brought us a second helping). A terrific evening. Back to No 1 in Rathgar, please, TripAdvisor!

• Visited August 2013

“Best pizza in Dublin”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I had the mammy pizza, it is delicious, but a little messy! It would be great if they could slice the pizza. The pizza's are as good as you would get in Italy.

• Visited July 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic Pizza”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Ag good as The Manifesto
I would suggest this for a quick dinner
Very good Pizza and nice place
Very recommended

• Visited May 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely local restaurant with amazing oizzas”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Manifesto and manifesting have the best gluten free pizzas in Dublin and perhaps Ireland. Great place to go with children or friends. Have never had a bad meal in either restaurant and eaten in both many times.
Definitely best restaurant in Terenure/ Rathgar area.

• Visited July 2013
dublin,ireland
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Manifesto in Rathmines was a family favourite of ours over the years and we assumed that the baby branch Manifestino had a similar menu. We were surprised on a recent visit therefore to find a more innovative and contemporary style of Italian cooking in Rathgar. Starters include reasonably priced ham hock, celeriac stuffed ravioli and aubergine terrine with basil ice cream - all very tasty - the aubergine a little over-chilled which flattened the flavour a bit but lots of finicky prep. involved in all the starters and apart from bruscetta, none of the usual starter suspects.
The pizzas looked great but we were intrigued by the less ordinary pastas on offer and sampled hazlenut pasta with duck, basil tagliatelle with seafood and black squid pasta with monkfish. The presentation was good and flavours were fresh and bright. The monkfish content was a little on the light side. As it is an expensive fish, it might be better to charge more and give more. In addition, the pasta accompanying the sea food was very thickly cut and although cooked perfectly al dente was a bit too chunky for the shell fish.
There are lots of interesting Italian wines on offer, all fairly priced. We had no room for dessert but those being delivered at other tables looked good. Service was friendly and relaxed.
I do have to agree with other comments about the strange lay out of the restaurant. The kitchen area occupies three quarters of the floor space, leaving room for two tables for 4/6 in the window area but just a long line of tables for two along the side wall, facing the kitchen. I quite like an open kitchen but as you go further back towards the toilet, the tables are darker and a little claustrophobic.
Overall a very pleasant evening and I look forward to paying another visit to see what interesting choices this authentic Italian restaurant has on offer.

• Visited June 2013