“Hard to beat the yummy pizza!”
Review of Manifestino - CLOSED

Manifestino
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The pizza is delicious, best I have had in Dublin. I love the way you get little garlic bread bites while you are waiting on your main course. Only gripe - if you come as a couple you are seated in an area practically on top of where the chefs are preparing the food. I find this really off putting although I understand the restaurant is very tiny.

3  Thank dubcarla

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I get my pizza delivered - I love their pizzas. Really really good, soo delicious, excellent quality. They also give me a dessert for free which is a really great treat. I highly recommend.

4  Thank Sofielorenfan
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had been meaning to get to Manifestino for a while. I've been to Manifesto a couple of times with friends, but Manifestino is closer to home for me. I eventually got round to booking a table for myself and a friend. To start she had a prawn starter, it was prawns served with orange and avocado. She got it out of curiosity at first but ended up really enjoying it. I felt adventurous and went with the venison with beetroot. On the menu it was described as beetroot bubbles, and it wasn't lying! It was like foamed beetroot juice or something. It looked so beautiful on the plate. Definitely an experience. The venison was really tender and lovely, cooked exactly how I like it. For mains, my friend had the rib eye steak, which was served with rocket salad and balsamic. I tasted some of it, I don't eat steak very often, but what i tasted was delicious. I had a duck filled ravioli, which was amazing! I honestly could've licked the plate. It was served with this berry sauce that was perfect with the duck. Really, really excellent. After it all we didn't have much room for dessert but we decided to get this chocolate souffle thing with pistachio icecream to share, and it was unbelievable! It was gooey and soft in the middle. The waitress said that everything was homemade, which, to be honest impressed me.
We washed our excellent meal down with a nice bottle (or two) of Morellino!
I thought the service was great. All the waitresses were friendly and answered anything we asked them. The kitchen looked busy with takeaway orders but we didn't have to wait long in between courses. Overall a really good night. Its a beautiful restaurant that is has a nice atmosphere!

4  Thank Caroline M
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I've dined at the other restaurant, Manifesto in Rathmines - for a party with a set menu and a couple of times with just one or two other people. I met a friend who lives in Rathgar at Manifestino and we had a delicious meal and a nice evening overall. My friend had a pizza, though I can't remember which one. She said it had a thin chewy crust. I had bruschetta to start which was flavourful, then the ravioli with ricotta. Light and delicious and on a very pretty plate. (I think the chef has a thing for plates). I had some gelato for desert and found them nice enough, so cannot comment on the desert menu.

The bill was a little higher than we planned, but we had chosen some slightly pricy wine.

Service was okay to good. Sometime it took more than one attempt to catch out waiters attention, but she was very pleasant and answered all our questions.

The little restaurant has a tight layout, but it is well-decorated and the large front window makes it inviting from the outside and slightly larger from the inside. It's great to be so close to the kitten and the impressive pizza oven.

4  Thank snootsville
Reviewed December 11, 2012

First visit was my last. They where serving wings for customers picking up orders, but despite asking I couldn't order wings. I was told by the waitress, then the manager and then the chef (via the waitress) that I couldn't have wings because I choose to eat in! I really wanted wings.

Didn't like the pizza, odd combinations of toppings and overpriced. lots of better options for pizza locally that are lower cost. Odd atmosphere, the kitchen dominates the place and customers are squeezed in. This i could have lived with. Its the unbelievable service that will ensures i wont be back.

3  Thank martin m