“Pleasent Place”

Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Gort
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2012

While in Gort please make sure to visit the gallery, its a quaint, but highly reliable place to eat, food is excellent so its highly recommended to anyone in gort

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Alternative food fare in an ecclectic atmosphere...food for all tastes and alot of organic and locallygrown produce used. Drawbacks are that portions are on the small side and the lovely laid back staff are a little slow with service if you are in a rush. Overall highly reccomended!

Reviewed March 26, 2012

That's it!
Very nice food but long time waiting and too expensive.
Beers are way too expensive.

2  Thank fazi78
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Four friends for casual beer and pizza pleasant experience food tasty and great selection of beer. Unfortunately the staff were a little over assertive and as they were on skeletal staff which they did mention we were left waiting a considerable amount of time before wetting our whistle so to speak! However pizza was tasty as was the chocolate stout cake. Staff could do with a brush up on customer service skills other than that we will be back.

2  Thank Caroline K
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I visited the Gallery in Gort with my grandmother who is 94 years old, my uncle, husband and my 3 year old son just after Christmas. It was clear from the moment we walked into the restaurant that we were not particularily welcome. The staff were extremely unfriendly, unhelpful and downright rude. We were seated at a table very close to the door which was not very warm and had very flimsy uncomfortable chairs. I asked if we could be seated at another table or even just get a more comfortable chair for my grandmother but my request was ignored. We arrived at 3.30pm when the lunch menu was still being served. The menu did not have any dinner options although it did mention a 'daily hotpot'. We waited for at least 15 minutes before someone came to take our order. I asked if there were any dinner options referring to the 'daily hotpot' option and I was told very curtly that the only options were on the menu. The menu didn't cater for young children at all and although my 3 year old was very hungry he did not want to eat anything on the menu. We ordered a pizza for him but he didn't like it as it was extremely oily. In desperation, as the rest of my party were finishing their main course (we had also ordered starters), I went across the road to SuperMacs and brought back a small portion of chips for my son to eat. When the staff saw the chips they were extremely rude and walked past our table saying that they were not allowed on the premises as the owner did not like the smell of chips. I understand that many restaurants have a policy of not bringing food onto their premises but there are ways of communicating this policy to customers in a polite and courteous way without being disrespectful and rude. I explained that my son was very hungry and would not eat anything on the menu, while the rest of us (4 adults) had purchased starters, main and dessert there. When I expalined that I felt we had been treated very badly from the moment we arrived on the premises, all I experienced was more rudeness and a total lack of respect and customer service. I did not receive an appology of any kind and my whole party incluidng my grandmother was extremely upset by the incident. The outing was supposed to be a nice treat for Christmas for my relatives and instead it turned out to be the worst customer service I have ever experienced and a very disappointing lunch. The food itself was quite good, but unfortunately we were all too upset to enjoy it. The menu does not cater for families/children at all. To sum up I felt that we were not the clientele that the Gallery like to cater for and therefore they had no interest in being helpful or friendly in any way whatsoever. I would absolutley never go back to this restaurant and if they continue with this dismal customer service I doubt they will be in business for much longer.

5  Thank Carla D