“Wow - what a superb breakfast menu!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Gallery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Gort
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, European
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
County Dublin, Ireland
“Wow - what a superb breakfast menu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I went to The Gallery this morning with my sister & niece for brunch. When we arrived just before the cafe opened at 11 there was already a bit of a queue forming! The choices on the breakfast menu were excellent with all pastries, scones, buttermilk pancakes & bread apparently made freshly in-house. The adults ordered the fry-up & my niece the buttermilk pancakes. We ordered orange juice as well as 2 coffees. The OJ was freshly-squeezed & delicious & we each got a huge glass of it. Coffee was fab. I was stunned when the food arrived as the portions were enormous. With our fry-ups we were served a sort of griddled flat bread instead of toast. We had mushrooms & a sliece of a delicious Spanish omelette as well as the usual sausages, bacon & egg. The black pudding was to die for & even the tomato ketchup tasted as if it was home made. My niece's pancakes were thick & fluffy & served with home made jam & cream (they also provided Nutella when asked). I have warned my sister that every time I visit from now on I will want to go to the Gallery for Sunday brunch! Oh, and yes the decor is quirky which I loved.

“Really bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Went for lunch on Sunday 14 th April at 1pm and was told we could only order from the breakfast menu even thought lunch started at 1. Our order was finally taken at 1.20 and my husbands arrived at 1.40 and mine at 1.45. Our tea never came! And the table next to us got served from the lunch menu before our food even arrived. There were just 2 waitresses working both rooms and preparing drinks and taking the cash. When we went to pay ,the waitress asked if we weren't going to have our tea ! It was about 30mins after we were served breakfast ! When we said we wanted it with breakfast she said "that happens sometimes". When challenged she said they were understaffed and someone should tell the boss that. It really was not a good experience . I love the food and the style but sort out the staff. Penny pinching on staff is not the way to go !

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Memarty
galway
“love the gallery,pity about the service...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Love this cafe,food and funkiness but tried to have dinner here last night,The 2 waitresses ignored us,then i asked for a table,told too busy,wait,take a seat and only half of rest open,dont mind a wait especially if havent booked a table but bad attitude made us leave.will defo go back but im guessing the owner would appreciate the feedback.2 friends have had similar experiences lately,such a pity when they got the right ingredients for a fab cafe.

1 Thank scottygalway
Chesterfield
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have not had a bad meal in Ireland and this place was no exception. On fact, it was probably the best food we have had on our two week trip. Portions were ample and everything was so tasty and fresh. We never would have found this on our own. It was recommended to us by someone who lives in the area. We stopped for a late lunch, around 3 pm, and business was brisk. It is always a good sign when local people frequent an establishment! The seafood chowder was particularly tasty as were the salads. Service was professional and the decor charming. A tasty treat, indeed.

Galway
“Nice food ruined by terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Lovely restaurant completely ruined by terrible service. I waited 30 minutes for a cold drink despite reminding the waitress 3 times.

Each time I was told it was on the way. I'm not sure what would stop someone from opening a fridge and bringing it down.

Wouldn't recommend.