Naomh Colman Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Gort B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I recently spent a few nights at this B&B on my last leg through Ireland before heading off to Shannon airport, my only regret is that I didn't spend a few more nights at this B&B. As all the reviews said before, Pat and Josephine are a wonderful couple and great hosts. They bring you back to the old friendly Ireland I always heard about. As I sat and chatted with them one evening, I couldn't help but picture the days that my Irish Grandmother talked about: Sitting and slipping a drink by the old "range stove" hearing amazing stories and having a great laugh.
The B&B is very clean and quiet and also so convenient to all the places the west of Ireland has to offer- The Cliffs, The Burren, Galway City, Aran Islands and the B&B itself is surrounded by beautiful ruins and round towers with sheep and cows all around.
If you're looking to feel the love of Ireland, stay at this place. I will certainly be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JEM19NYC

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Josephine and her husband go far beyond the average. If you need help, if they can, they will. A little personal but near the end of my stay I ran out of clean clothes - she did my laundry. One night after one or two Guinness more than I was comfortable driving, het husband Pat drove me to get my car the next morning.
in addition the accommodations were clean and modern, food freely available. WiFi and right across the street some of the most incredible ruins I've ever seen.

Highly recommended

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank ronrun
Reviewed September 2, 2011

While travelling Ireland in August with the family we stayed for two nights in this lovely B&B very close to Gort and the ruins and Ireland's largest round tower. The view on the quiet country was beautiful and Josephine Finnegan was very friendly with us and our son and hosted us with the true spirit of Ireland's B&B hospitality.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank federava
Reviewed August 15, 2011

From the moment I arrived, Josephine made my daughters and myself feel instantly at home. Snacks were offered on our arrival, and a hearty breakfast in the morning kept us going all day long. Rooms had comfy beds and were all tasteful decorated.
Wonderful hospitality as warm as if we'd just come home to "Grandma's". These folk know how to make a traveller feel at home.
We truly appreciated all the small touches and plan to call again the next time we're in the west of Ireland.

Derek & girls.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Nanaimo_to_Ireland
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Travelling with the family we stumbled upon Gort. Already late in the day we looked for somewhere to rest and relax for the night.

After meeting Josephine we knew we would have a great nights stay. More than accommodating, we had all we could as for and more......including a mini 'Anfield' in the back garden.

We enjoyed our stay very much and highly recommend it to anyone passing through.

The Aussies

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank evanbarea
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Our baby loved to be so much taken care of by our host Josephine. Great place, we felt like home.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank nuclearsound
Reviewed July 21, 2010

IF you are looking for an accommodation in the Co. Galway, copious Irish breakfast, information on your stay or anything else, Naomh Colman is made for you. Joséphine, the host, will offer you a warm and friendly welcome. We spent 4 days to Naomh Colman B*B on last June, it was great.
Thank you so much Josephine.

Françoise and Robert