“A very good overnight at Craig House”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Loughrea
Craig Country House
Ranked #1 of 6 Loughrea B&B and Inns
Halifax, Canada
“A very good overnight at Craig House”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We unfortunately had only one night in the Loughrea area, but we had a terrific stay just the same. Mairead and Tom are very gracious hosts and despite our late arrival made us feel most welcome. Our room and bath were spacious and very clean and comfortable, with lovely linens and decor. Tom prepared a very generous and delicious breakfast and spent time telling us about the area and giving us a delightful tour of his kennels. They are very well situated for touring a most beautiful part of Ireland. We would certainly return any time we are in their area. Thank you Mairead and Tom!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pauline S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Remich, Luxembourg
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This B&B is really a gem (and I'm not saying this often). After our trip to Bunratty, the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren we arrived at Craig Country House where we were welcomed very warmly by Mairead and Tom. We felt at home immediately drinking hot chocolate in the kitchen together with our hosts. The bedrooms are all great and very spacious and it's so quiet that a good night rest is guaranteed (so quiet ...please take the map on internet to find the B&B the first time). We stayed two nights and visited Galway and the Aran Islands (we took the ferry at 1 pm and came back with the last ferry at 5 pm). For dinner the Raftery's Pub was recommended and this was a good choice. In the evening you can use the living room which is very nice and cosy. And of course .. Tom showed us the 120 hunting dogs. We were impressed to see this and our kids loved it as well. If we are looking in future for a place to stay in the neighbourhood of Galway it will definitely be the Craig Country House! Thanks a lot Mairead and Tom.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same and excellent!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank KJMAD
Westport, Ireland
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Superb hospitality, extremely comfortable room / bed, plentiful quality breakfast. A lovely base to explore the West of Ireland. Tom also good enough to show us the horses / hounds at the local hunt buildings. As good as it gets...

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JMHGlobetrotter
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This B & B was booked for me by my brother for the 17th & 18th May 2013, I did not know where I was staying until I arrived and therefore had not looked on trip advisor to check the reviews. I have done that this morning and was not surprised to see all "excellent" reviews. Our hosts Tom & Mairead could not have been more welcoming and friendly. The location was superb and the scenery from the window of our room was just breath taking. The breakfast was fantastic, the rooms large & comfortable & spotlessly clean, the water hot, the towels thick and fluffy & the linen crisp. The only down side was that I could only stay for 2 nights!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Orange, Australia
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This B&B is a gem. Host, Tom, made us feel at home immediately. The accommodation is first class as is the breakfast provided. Tom went out of his way to show us around, which helped make our visit a memorable one. Will definitely recommend to others and would stay again, given the chance.

Room Tip: The B&B is signposted from the turn immediately beside Raftery's Pub in the village of Craug...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My job makes me travel a lot and I stay in b&b's on a regular basis. I have had my share of both good and extraordinarily bad nights in booked accommodation stayed with Tom and Mairead recently for 1 night, and it was so good that I decided to put up a review, and I never do this!

This family have an amazing place that it soaked in a welcome that one can only find when it's genuine and authentic. They have fabulous rooms with all you could ask for. Pristine cleanliness and comfortable. I was treated to coffee and homemade carrot cake when I arrived which had me in good form from the start.

Their breakfast was of a higher standard than any I've had in B and B's which included an amazing fruit bowl, and full Irish.

I constantly felt I had my own privacy but at the same time could chat to the family quiet easily.

I have to say that in my travelling around Ireland, this has been one of the best places I have stayed and if you get the chance, book it!!

By the way, they have wifi available as well. You just have to ask

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Leland, North Carolina
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our first trip to Ireland and we were lucky enough to stay at this excellent B&B. The stables are superb and provide a first class place to hunt, great hounds and the pot bellied pig. The homemade scones and her homemade jam are to die for. The best showers in Ireland for sure were just as our tour guide from Lucky Girls said they would be. They make you feel like family for sure, excellent breakfast as well. Do not miss this wonderful place to stay and/or hunt. You will truly feel you are a part of Ireland, not just a visitor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple