“Welcome to the Craig House Family”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Loughrea
Craig Country House
Ranked #1 of 6 Loughrea B&B and Inns
Chesapeake Beach Maryland
“Welcome to the Craig House Family”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Wow, a great B&B. Outstanding host, Maireads and Tom. The B&B home and rooms are excellent and large. Beds are comfortable ; bathroom and showers are great. The breakfast has lots of variety and all food is superb; they are famous for the home made scones and jams. Warm fire each evening in the family room. Tom's tour of the hounds and horses use for the local fox hunting is exciting for guests, a real plus. Close to pubs for evening meals. Highly recommended, it is a 5 star in our book!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the evening sunset, they are beautiful. All rooms are new.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Francis B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Woodinville
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The review below is from my father. I echo all of his comments. We had a little bit of trouble finding Craig Country House (made a wrong turn), but once we arrived we knew we had made the right choice. The house was huge and set down a very scenic country road past a small ancient stone bridge.

The rooms at the house were spacious and warm. The house was decorated in a very tasteful fox hunt type theme (which is quite appropriate given that Tom is a regional legend and fox hunt guide).

As soon as we arrived Mairead greeted us warmly and offered tea and coffee. When she noticed that we had planned to have my grown brother room with my two teenage sons, she rearranged the rooming to make sure that my brother had his own room and the boys were protected from my brother's loud snoring.

In the morning over a magnificent Irish breakfast, we explained to Mairead that the purpose of our trip was to trace our Irish roots. Mairead immediately jumped on to the internet to help us on our quest by looking up local resources for us. Once we were on course, Tom took us down the road so that we could visit the over 100 hounds he trains for the local fox hunting club. My children have said it was one of the most memorable parts of our Irish vacation.

In short, the Craig Country House was at the top of our stays during our trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DanDWoodinville
Des Moines, Washington
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were a family of eight staying on July 8th, 2012. The place is fabulous. The rooms are large and clean. The family was warm and wonderful. We had an opportunity to see the hounds, which was a real treat. The food was delicious. Enjoyed visiting with them.

Mairead even did our laundry while we were out. How can you beat it?

Highly recommend.

Room Tip: There are a set of stairs to get to your rooms, but it is worth it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Daniel D
Bronx, New York
Reviewed June 18, 2012

So back over Easter Holiday, my girlfriend and I decided to take off for Ireland. This was my girlfriend's and my first visit to Ireland and the funny thing is that a Michelin Guide Book from the 1980s led me to this B&B near Loughrea. It was after searching for B&Bs in Loughrea that I found Maired and Tom's B&B for a first nights' night rest after the flight into Shannon that morning. Mairead and Tom offered a us a most excellent introduction to Ireland as they invited us in their living room to share in their family's Easter celebration. This was very special to us. We enjoyed great discussions with great company, good spirits, and even a live harp-performance and traditional Irish dance by the couple's nieces! And if you ever stop by on a holiday, please make sure to ask if Robin is around....he is a HOOT!!! Aside from the outstanding hospitality they offered us, the quarters were very cozy and comforting. Don't forget to take Mairead up on the breakfast, for sure. Not a good choice, but an excellent one!

Room Tip: A little chilly in the spring, but the warm and comfy blankets make up for it!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank John B
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Our family stayed at Craig Country House as part of the bridal party for my cousin's wedding and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Mairead, Tom, Kate and George were welcoming, accomodating and nothing was too much trouble; it was very much a home from home experience. The house itself was beautiful with an abundance of character, all of our needs were catered for and we were able to relax and feel at home in such a pleasant, clean and calming environment.

Mairead provided a delicious home cooked roast dinner for our first night in Galway and it really was fabulous. Tom's cooked breakfasts set us up for the day each morning and were enjoyed over a cup of tea and a chat with him before he headed off to work.

We would highly recommend a stay at Craig Country House to all our friends and family, and we look forward to returning there in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marie C
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Spent 3 nights at Craig Country House and felt right at home. Mairead, Tom, and their beautiful family are so welcoming and kind. Rooms are comfy, clean and spacious. Breakfast is fabulous with the best scones in town, made from scratch by Mairead. The grounds are beautiful. And their very well behaved Jack Russell's keep you company when sitting outside having morning tea. The Craig Country Home is my # 1 pick in Crughwell. Loved it!! I miss my Ireland family already.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mary K
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The Craig Country House was outstanding! I could have stayed an entire week. Tom, Mairead, Kate and George were fabulous. I have never felt more at home, it was due to their outstanding hospitality. I have never met a more welcoming family. The place was spotless and made you feel right at home. I would highly recommend this B & B - it was by far the best! Thanks Tom for the fire every night - it made our stay extra special. Thanks again & best wishes to you all.

Room Tip: All fabulous!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family