“Very pleasant experience, good food, good service.”

Meadow Court Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 18 Restaurants in Loughrea
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Dublin
“Very pleasant experience, good food, good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Was in the Meadow Court recently for a meal, and it was very good. Good variety of dishes on the menu, everyone In the group was very happy with their meals, and the service was both pleasant and efficient. Nothing was a problem to the staff, definitely a case of 'service with a smile'.
Well done, and keep up the good work.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Galway_Lady
MeadowCourtHotel, Front Office Manager at Meadow Court Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback and for your valued custom. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to us.

Galway, Ireland
“Cant do enough for you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We held a birthday lunch for my mother,because we had 20 or so they offered a private room. The food was excellent as always,the menu offers great choice for adults and children,kids can have a huge portion of adults menu at 5.95 or other kids choices. What was unexpected was the effort put into decorating the table,candles,personalised cards,etc,all without being requested. The service was excellent,efficient,friendly and welcoming. The girls could not do enough for us and are a credit to the hotel. Thanks very much,we will be back!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ubgalway
How good it is to see and hear such a wonderful review. We work hard to deliver the best we possibly can and are delighted it shows. Thank you so much and we are delighted your occasion was so memorable.
County Galway, Ireland
“great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food is excellent. Great varity on menue. Staff friendly and efficient. Hotel very comfortable. Portions a little on the smaller side.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Catwalk100
MeadowCourtHotel, Manager at Meadow Court Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your encouraging comment.
We are so glad that you enjoyed your meal at the Meadow Court and look forward to welcoming you here again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible time-warp”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

The menu reads like some 'safe' choices for the unadventurous diner, but even these can go wrong. Not wanting a pile of meat and potatoes, I opted for the sizzling beef. Imaging that in this particular restaurant that might not be the quick, tasty dish I regularly knock up myself, I asked for some fresh chillies to accompany it- this was, I was informed, not possible.

My dish arrived. First a plate with some- based on the clumped texture- microwaved rice, a spoonful of sweet chili sauce and, obviously, a sprig of cress! Then my sizzling dish, laden down with vegetables. I tasted some of the beef, which in and of itself was quite nicely cooked, but bland. I managed a few bites before deciding it needed something. I made another plea for something (anything!!) that would give the gloppy vegetables a bit of a kick. Our very helpful waitress brought some chili sauce, but unfortunately it was more of the same sweet chilli that was giving my vegetables their 'meh'-ness already so I declined.
After the others had finished our waitress gathered the plates and noticed I hadn't eaten so asked if it was ok. Sadly I couldn't find anything positive and I declined her offer of an alternative dish. She kindly removed the charge from our bill without any quibble and said she'd pass my comments to the kitchen. I hope she does. I was very disappointed at what was on offer on the menu overall, but particularly at what was being offered here for 16 euro- some, granted nice beef, but insipid vegetables and rice, which if it wasn't microwaved, then at least looked and felt like it was. For that price, and for little time in the kitchen, I feel I should have at least been able to sense some fresh ginger,garlic and definitely have been able to add chilli to taste.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Niamh M
MeadowCourtHotel, Manager at Meadow Court Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for your comment and we are sorry that you did not enjoy your meal at the hotel. We are acting on your comments and hope that you enjoy your next visit to the Meadow Court.
Dublin, Ireland
“Top class food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Being from Galway, I've been to The Meadow Court hotel many times; never stayed there but have been there for dinner very often. The hotel is on the 'old' Galway road so now necessitates a detour off the motorway. Trust me, it's worth the effort. Detour to Loughrea, the take the Galway road. The hotel is approximately 2 miles from the town. The food is consistently great. I recommend the soup, garlic mushrooms, steak, the sizzling dishes, etc., etc. the restaurant is family friendly, with a decent menu for kids. Desserts are top notch. Prices are very reasonable.

Ask for Clement, the restaurant manager. He'll ensure you are well looked after..!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank FD85114
MeadowCourtHotel, Manager at Meadow Court Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We really appreciate the time you took to write this lovely comment and the fact that you are a regular customer. We love to see familiar faces that enjoy a realaxing meal in the Hotel.
Looking forward to welcoming you to the Hotel again soon.