“Thank you for making my birthday dinner one to remember” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taste Matters

Taste Matters
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Loughrea
Cuisines: European, Irish, Fusion
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual restaurant with interesting delicious food & genuine hospitality.
Galway
“Thank you for making my birthday dinner one to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Celebrated my 40th this week and want to have a small family dinner to mark the day. Love the food in Taste Matters as I have never had a single complaint about the food. Suffice to say, we were not let down. It is hard to please everyone in a group but all liked the food.Service was excellent as usual. I had the monkfish starter which was so fab,Ihad to restraint myself from licking the plate. A number had duck as the main course and this went down a treat. Was a great night and everyone loved the food. Taste Matters is a little gem and a great asset to Loughrea.

Visited September 2013

“A Lovely Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

It's raining outside but cosy at Taste Matters! Wonderful water and delicious menu. We'll be back again!

• Visited September 2013
Galway
“Much more matters than just taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My 91 year old mum and I, (and indeed my 2 sisters and brother also), have been visiting Taste Matters for the past twelve months or so, ever since my mum became less mobile due to illness. She loves to get out of the house for lunch, or a coffee, or an early supper. It was she who recommended Taste Matters first, having gone there with some retired teachers. The food has been consistently excellent, interesting and varied. Really tasty dishes, to tempt my mum even when she is having a bad day. For me, the fish dishes with locallly grown vegetables in season are always superb and my brother swears their's in the best steak west of Dublin! Last night my mum and I had a bowl of their chowder each. The flavours, the aroma and the variety of fish in a beautiful stock were to die for. My mum licked her bowl clean...and smiled the whole time we were there. Thanks Taste matters...you made our day!

• Visited September 2013
Galway
“Great to have a fantastic restaurant in our small town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Visited Taste Matters for first time last night and just had to add a review here. While the premises is small, you never feel crowded or on top of the other guests as tables are well spread out and angled so that you're not looking onto anyone's table. That said, the food was fabulous. The menu wasn't too long, but the choices covered most dishes, meat fish pasta vegetarian etc. starters and main courses were very keenly priced. Food was to an excellent standard. We eat out a lot and its very hard to get a place that ticks all the boxes but this place certainly did. Staff were v polite helpful and eager to explain choices and specials too you. Nice busy atmosphere which was also nice. This will definitely be a place that I will return to many times. My only wish would be that the menu would change every couple of months to keep people coming in (not because I didn't like it, it was fab, but small changes every now and then is good). Keep up the excellent work, it's great to finally get a restaurant of this standard in Loughrea!

• Visited August 2013
County Cork, Ireland
“Continues to delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went back again this summer, what a brilliant restaurant. Food was fabulous and they've added a very nice outdoor seating area. If you are in Loughrea (or anywhere near) give yourself a treat and go and eat here. The chef is a genius!

• Visited July 2013