“Excellent meal”

Taste Matters
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Loughrea
Cuisines: European, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual restaurant with interesting delicious food & genuine hospitality.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Earlier this year four of us decided to have a meal out and said we'd give "Taste Matters" a try. As it turned out it was a great decision. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. The staff were helpful and friendly and the food was exceptional. Everyone in our group was impressed both with the presentation and the quality of the food. It was an all round pleasant experience. A return visit can't be far away.

1  Thank Dovado
Jirka H, Owner at Taste Matters, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thank you for giving us a try! We are glad you enjoyed our food and service and we look forward to serving you again.

There are newer reviews for Taste Matters

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent imaginative food. Very health and fresh, locally sourced. Service great, attentive but not intrusive, cosy intimate venue. A gem.

Many thanks for your kind review. We are happy you liked our place and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Visited here a few months ago when back in Loughrea visiting family. Had heard nothing but praise for the restaurant and decided to take my family out for a meal. Admittedly, it doesn't look much from the outside, more of a cafe but I was pleasantly surprised by the interior. I loved the fact they displayed artwork by local artists. The service was exceptional, the food absolutely delicious and overall it was a wonderful meal. The only minor less than positive comment I would make is that the wine list isn't that extensive but having said that the wine we chose on the recommendation of our waiter was lovely!

Jirka H, Owner at Taste Matters, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you for your lovely write up! We are really happy you and your family had a good time in our restaurant and enjoyed not only our food and service, but also the local artwork. As for the wine list, I wish it could be a little more extensive, however with the space available for the wine I cannot go for more than 13 wines (5 whites, 5 reds, 1 rose and 1 sparkling + 1 special of the week). Having said that, when I put together the wine list, I try to choose wines which offer variety of taste and weight so that everyone can find something for her/his taste. I am glad you very happy with my recommendation!

Thank you again and see you on your next visit hopefully.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend were lucky enough to look this place up on trip adviser decided to go and we were not disappointed. Friendly staff, amazing food, value for money big time. Chowder prob one of the best around not over loaded with cream u can taste the fish! I had steak (rare) melt in mouth... Thank u taste matters for a fab experience . Will be back

Jirka H, Owner at Taste Matters, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank God for Tripadvisor for bringing us customers who would probably pass us by otherwise. I am really glad you gave us a try and I am happy we lived up to your expectations. See you again sometimes!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were a party of four out hunting again and booked rather late in the day, so had an early dinner. We girls shared a starter - the pate, which was great. All the meals, without exception, were well prepared, delightfully presented and we were lucky as we did not have to leave as early as thought. We really enjoyed the food and atmosphere and will return again when we come back hunting in Ireland. A shame that so many of the "locals" do not know about the restaurant but it worked in our favour as we managed to get a table at short notice. Great time, guys!

Thank you so much for another lovely review! It is really such pleasure to see our customers returning, the more so, if they are from abroad and come once a year!!

Many thanks for coming back and bringing your friends. We will see you next time you are over in Ireland.