“Clueless Manager”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Loughrea
Kerry
“Clueless Manager”
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We arrived at our hotel to be amazed at the size of the bedroom,thats where it ends.we were looking in the bathroom there was not one shelf there.The sink was tiny found it very awkward to shave no where to put soap , razor.The fan in shower was broken then I found out why,when the people went for there shower on the next floor the water waste would come in the shower fan.The smoke alarm had a bag covering it,my son found a false eye lash on the table,disgusting,the food was poor,the band played till 1 am after reception said they would finish at 11.30,got no sleep,manager was clueless to what was going on,advice stay well clear of here if I was you!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Polish first
Ireland
Reviewed March 15, 2010

The hotel was really nicely decorated and modern, the reception area was very nice, it felt very new. I don't think my room was a standard room, they didn't tell me I had been upgraded or anything but I had one of the rooms with a large balcony and I could see from the outside of the hotel that there seemed to be only a few rooms with this. The room was beautiful, really spacious, nicely decorated, as I mentioned had a big balcony, lovely bathroom with double sinks, seperate bath and shower, and nice touches like a comfy swivel chair along with the usual table and two chairs and a cosy soft pile carpet. The bar and restaurant were also really nicely decorated. I was really impressed with the creative lighting around the public areas of the hotel, especially in the corridoors.we ate in the bar as the restaurant was closed the night we stayed, I wasn't aware of this when I booked but I'd intended to eat in the bar anyway. the food was lovely, good portions and reasonable prices. I did find quite a few little faults with the hotel though,none of which really affected my stay but just to point them out, there were no biscuits with the tea/coffee facilities in room, from my experience even B&B's have this so I don't know if it was a mistake on the housekeepers behalf or if the hotel don't actually have them. there was no mini bar. there was something that looked like a bit of a toffee sweet stuck to the bathroom floor, I was able to remove it quite easily so it gave me the impression the cleaners didn't really clean the floor properly. the extractor fan didn't seem to be working in the bathroom. there was no paper/pen in the room. No gym or pool. And in the morning I was a bit dissapointed with the breakfast, what was there was lovely but there wasn't a big selection. I know I've said quite a lot of negative things here but they were just small things and as I said didn't affect my stay. the positives completely outweighed the negatives and I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed March 2010
Dublin
Reviewed March 10, 2010

The hotel was very comfortable and the staff were very friendly. It looks almost brand new and is a great place to stay, especially as our room had a massive bed. The one downside was a limited breakfast - not quite the 'full' Irish but nice enough. Actually having free and easy to access wi-fi was a first for me, which was a bonus.

We also used the Spa at the hotel and it was fantastic, the staff were really nice and put me at complete ease (I'm a man who had never been to spa for a massage but I felt it was great). The thermal suite was superb and my fiancee and I felt completely relaxed by the end of our stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Very nice hotel, travelling to Galway on business so suited me location of hotel, just off the new M6. When I got to reception I asked for a single rate for one night and was quoted €59B&B or €49 room only, was nice to see they had an option. As I filled in my company details the girl asked me had I paased through the toll on my way and prceeded to tell me that they were doing an offer where they would cover your fees, thought it was quite niffty and much appreciated.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Ireland
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Stayed at this hotel recently en route to Galway. We were very impressed on arrival at the hotel. Beautiful foyer and check in was simple. Room was beautiful with a rich warm colour scheme. Dinner in the bar was beautiful. Very generous portions and really delicious. The waitress serving us was also very pleasant and helpful as were the bar staff.

The few minor issues I had arose the next day. Firstly at breakfast there was a toaster where you have to put in the bread and wait for it. It wasn't working so people kept having to go back up to check if their toast was ready which was clogging up the buffet area. I found this annoying as firstly I got no toast and secondly, I don't think it is too much to expect tea and toast to be served in a four star hotel. There was also a very poor selection if you decided not to have the hot food ie no croissants etc.

When myself and my friend came down to check out, we were loaded down with bags and coats etc and we were dressed to go to a wedding. There were three members of staff (2 men and a woman) chatting behind the reception desk and no one offered to help with our luggage. It was pouring rain so I can understand their reluctance but this would have made it all the more appreciated. While almost everything else was enjoyable, this lack of customer service left me with a sour taste in my mouth (and a wet hairdo for the wedding!)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
USA
Reviewed December 9, 2009

We just spent 5 nights on the 4th floor of the hotel. Apart from the comfy bed and good food there really is nothing else going for this hotel. We had the noise from the Nightclub thumping away until 2:30am Friday and Saturday nights, no hot water for 2½ out of the 5 days (this was met with run the taps for at least 20 minutes and it should get warm - it didn't), the shower was barely a trickle, very poor lighting in the rooms, including the bathroom, and no shelf or drawer space. This year as well you have to pay an extra 15 euro each/day to use the spa facilities, this on top of the 100 euro a night we were being charged (last year it was complimentary). This hotel is probably fine if you are a travelling salesperson but for a vacation visiting with family and friends ---- NOT.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
dublin
Reviewed December 7, 2009

As I spend alot of time travelling around the country due to work commitments the one and only thing that is a must for me is to be able to find somewhere relaxing after a long day in the car. I had not passed through loughrea for quite some time so I was pleasantly surprised to find a new place to call my home for the few nights.
The first thing that springs to mind when I think back about my stay was the service,the comfort, the friendly atmosphere, which were all there in abundance.
The staff seemed always to be busy, which makes a change from alot of hotels I have frequented.It says alot about the management team and the owners when all the staff are smiling even when they are busy. The first night I arrived I was about 30 minutes late for food, but the staff behind the bar went out of their way to rustle something up for me, and fair play to them ( thank you Pat and Sarah!).
The rooms were beautifully laid out and the decor was very warm, perfect after a long day
All in all Loughre hotel & spa was a wonderful experience and I hope to be passing by there soon!
I just wish to express my gratitude to all the staff during my stay who made it a very pleasing experience. I would unhesitantly recommend this as a necessary stop in loughrea, even just for a coffee!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loughrea
Meadow Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bushypark
Maldron Hotel Galway
Maldron Hotel Galway
#1 of 5 in Oranmore

Been to Lough Rea Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!