“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Loughrea
Dublin
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2010

Very nice hotel, travelling to Galway on business so suited me location of hotel, just off the new M6. When I got to reception I asked for a single rate for one night and was quoted €59B&B or €49 room only, was nice to see they had an option. As I filled in my company details the girl asked me had I paased through the toll on my way and prceeded to tell me that they were doing an offer where they would cover your fees, thought it was quite niffty and much appreciated.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Polish first
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2010

Stayed at this hotel recently en route to Galway. We were very impressed on arrival at the hotel. Beautiful foyer and check in was simple. Room was beautiful with a rich warm colour scheme. Dinner in the bar was beautiful. Very generous portions and really delicious. The waitress serving us was also very pleasant and helpful as were the bar staff.

The few minor issues I had arose the next day. Firstly at breakfast there was a toaster where you have to put in the bread and wait for it. It wasn't working so people kept having to go back up to check if their toast was ready which was clogging up the buffet area. I found this annoying as firstly I got no toast and secondly, I don't think it is too much to expect tea and toast to be served in a four star hotel. There was also a very poor selection if you decided not to have the hot food ie no croissants etc.

When myself and my friend came down to check out, we were loaded down with bags and coats etc and we were dressed to go to a wedding. There were three members of staff (2 men and a woman) chatting behind the reception desk and no one offered to help with our luggage. It was pouring rain so I can understand their reluctance but this would have made it all the more appreciated. While almost everything else was enjoyable, this lack of customer service left me with a sour taste in my mouth (and a wet hairdo for the wedding!)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2009

We just spent 5 nights on the 4th floor of the hotel. Apart from the comfy bed and good food there really is nothing else going for this hotel. We had the noise from the Nightclub thumping away until 2:30am Friday and Saturday nights, no hot water for 2½ out of the 5 days (this was met with run the taps for at least 20 minutes and it should get warm - it didn't), the shower was barely a trickle, very poor lighting in the rooms, including the bathroom, and no shelf or drawer space. This year as well you have to pay an extra 15 euro each/day to use the spa facilities, this on top of the 100 euro a night we were being charged (last year it was complimentary). This hotel is probably fine if you are a travelling salesperson but for a vacation visiting with family and friends ---- NOT.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2009

As I spend alot of time travelling around the country due to work commitments the one and only thing that is a must for me is to be able to find somewhere relaxing after a long day in the car. I had not passed through loughrea for quite some time so I was pleasantly surprised to find a new place to call my home for the few nights.
The first thing that springs to mind when I think back about my stay was the service,the comfort, the friendly atmosphere, which were all there in abundance.
The staff seemed always to be busy, which makes a change from alot of hotels I have frequented.It says alot about the management team and the owners when all the staff are smiling even when they are busy. The first night I arrived I was about 30 minutes late for food, but the staff behind the bar went out of their way to rustle something up for me, and fair play to them ( thank you Pat and Sarah!).
The rooms were beautifully laid out and the decor was very warm, perfect after a long day
All in all Loughre hotel & spa was a wonderful experience and I hope to be passing by there soon!
I just wish to express my gratitude to all the staff during my stay who made it a very pleasing experience. I would unhesitantly recommend this as a necessary stop in loughrea, even just for a coffee!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
galway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2009

stayed here in oct to meet up with friends, while most of the stay was very comfortable, I feel I must point out a few things that caught my attention, we ate in the bar on the first night and I found it to be filthy, the carpet was stained and all debre from lunch I presume, the tables were stained with drink, and the carvery had greese streaks all down the front for everyone to see. Had to eat our Bfast in the bar next morning, not nice smell of beer, toaster at other end of bar, cold no athmosphere v dissapointing. Get a manager to oversee these problems, if you have one SHAME on them. wont be back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for the 10th time this year on business. It is a nice modern hotel and very well laid out. I stay in hotels around europe every other week for my work and so i have lots to compare to...

Some of the previous reviews written are extremely unfair and it looks like some people just can't be pleased! The food in the bar is 1st class, as is the bar itself. They also happen to serve 1 of the best pints of lager i can remember having!

The staff are really nice and friendly and always make my stay very enjoyable and always willing to help in any way they can. The rooms are cracking and the beds/decor etc make for a very comfortable stay.

I will continue to use this hotel whenever i'm back in Ireland without hesitation and would advise anyone else travelling to the area to do the same!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2009

The Loughrea spa hotel is a very nice hotel worth the 4 stars, the bedrooms are gorgeous, beds are very comfortable. Disappointment lay with the air conditioning pipes and vents directly outside our bedroom, noisy and not very nice to look at!
However, the restaurant is an absolute disaster for service. The waitress on the first night was very competent and friendly and food was lovely. But the second night, we had to wait for 20 mins for the starter, then the mains came about 20 mins after we finished that, they then completely forgot about us, did not clear the tables, did not offer coffee or deserts. We gave up and asked for the bill which did not appear. When we went to pay at the till the waitress gave us the amount verbally, we asked for a receipt which was thrown at us. While this was going on a child came and asked for a serviette and the waitress snapped at her... not acceptable.
Breakfast was nice only that we had to wait 20 mins for sausages the first morning and the second morning, toast didn't appear until I finished my breakfast.
Staff I found were abrupt and unfriendly all to 1 very nice waitress on the first night who did her job very well.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loughrea
Meadow Court Hotel
Maldron Hotel Galway
Maldron Hotel Galway
#1 of 6 in Oranmore
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,008 reviews

Been to Lough Rea Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!