“Very comfortable room but not the cleanest”

Lough Rea Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Loughrea
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable room but not the cleanest”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel could easily have achieved my 4 star rating as overall I quite liked it. However, the cleanliness of the bathroom together with the breakfast set up has resulted in my vote of "Average".

The bathroom had a very dirty floor and the door had not been cleaned for a while as it had all sorts of things running down it. This really put me off quite a bit. On the plus side, the bed was super comfortable and the room was quiet and at the right temperature so I had a good night's sleep.

For Breakfast I went into the wrong room as they seem to have 2 areas (one was for a German party). I had a little bit of cerial & fruit but both had limited choices and although I could have asked for cooked breakfast and/or cold meats I personally prefer a buffet type breakfast where I can see what I am eating.

Overall I would stay here again but it's a shame that they can't tie up the little loose ends.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Polish first
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We checked in for our three rooms. All rooms were as expected and clean. However, the television in two rooms were not working, and the heating in two rooms was not working as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel on the 27th od december 2011 for 2 nights.the hotel was nicely decorated for Xmas.it was very clean,nice bar/restaurant.the food was yummy.the rooms were gorgeous,very modern with a homely feel.bed was very comfortable.I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Book a room as high up as possible!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
St. Pete Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family stayed two nights last week at the Loughrea Hotel and Spa. The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are very nicely done and beds very comfortable. The hotel reminds me of the W hotels in the states.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Upon arrival my partner and I were told we had been upgraded to a suite. We were truly surprised to see that the room included a living area with a kitchen and dining area, a huge bedroom and a lovely bathroom. Dinner in the restaurant was lovely and although the staff were run off their feet with many groups also dining, we did not feel neglected. Breakfast had many choices and dinner in the bar was nice but not as impressive and the restaurant. All members of the staff dealing with us were very friendly and they always asked us was everything alright. There were a few minor issues such as light bulbs needing to be replaced and no bedside lamps but none that would affect my overall experience in this hotel. The decor was very elegant throughout the hotel and we would happily return for another stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I had our wedding reception here in August 2011. We felt at ease and were relaxed from the very beginning as the wedding co-ordinator Helen and manager Barry are just brilliant. All the staff through out the weekend were kind, friendly and professional. The rooms were complemented by our guests and our honeymoon suite was "unreal" . The food at our reception was much more than we could imagine. Every thing we asked for we got and more.
A big thanks to all at Lough Rea Hotel and Spa.

• Stayed August 2011
holidaylin
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Did a lidl break here a few weeks ago. Fab modern hotel, really comfy rooms. Amazing spa but had to pay 15 euros to use it as we were on the cheap lidl package. Well worth it though we spent hours there and its a really really nice spa. Food in the restaurant was divine, best by far out of any of the other lidl breaks ive had and staff went out of their way. Really accommodating and friendly. Highly recommend it for a romantic break or girls night away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loughrea
Meadow Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barna
Raheen Woods Hotel
Raheen Woods Hotel
#1 of 1 in Athenry

Been to Lough Rea Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!