“Ok in some aspects,poor in others”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tuam
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel is nicely situated in the very centre of Tuam. The rooms are just about adequate to call 3 star, although on our stay the hair drier didn't work and the plug in the sink, well we had to keep the tap on to have a wash or shave. The bar and restaurant though were great, good food and very friendly clientele. One other word of warning though check the car parking, they do have about 20 spaces at the back although the website states the parking is only available nearby for 20 Euro a day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Corralea C, Receptionist at Corralea Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Hi Mike,

Thanks a million for giving us your feedback. I'm pleased to inform you, and other readers, that our car park (which was previously closed due to construction) is now re-open for customer use. The local car parking in the town is available at a cost of €2 per day also. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Had lunch in this hotel this week and to be honest it was as good if not better than any food I had out in years. The soup was perfect, piping hot the way I like it, so was he main courses.

The staff were polite and helpful. and the hotel was busy, which was great.

I do hope that that this hotel will do well, as it deserves do so, its right in the centre of town, convienent to shops banks etc, so well done to all involved.

We will be back.....keep this good chef you have.....

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hi Monica,

We're delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Hoping to see you again soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had an excellent lunch experience here. The food was good. The bartender recommended that we go to Salt Hill which turned out to be an excellent suggestion. We went there and and had a great time. It's nice to see an employee so motivated and informative! I really enjoyed our visit to Tuam!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Angela,

We're delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us in the Corralea Court Hotel. Neill - the bartender with whom you spoke - remembers your conversation and is delighted that you enjoyed your day out in Salthill. Hoping to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Booked 2 night break with Groupon. Due to a sudden bereavement, our break was cut short by one night. The owners, despite the loss of a loved one, re-located us to another hotel in the local area without any fuss. Corralea Court is an excellent place to stay and one that I would recommend.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Sam - thanks a million for your kind review. I'd like to apologise again for the unforeseen circumstances, and I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip nonetheless. We hope to see you again soon, under happier circumstances.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

3 negatives, the lift was out of order, no parking, when you flushed the toilet a really loud noise let anyone near your room know you've just used the toilet. Negatives out of the way, Positives: great staff, parking is 60yards away at only e2 a day, lovely food, good rooms, good drink, staff could not do enough for us as guests. Fair play to all the girls who served us this weekend, myself my fiance & our 3yr old where very appreciative of everything! Great great staff & service!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Toni M

Hi Toni,

Thanks a million for your feedback! I'm happy to inform you that our lift has been repaired and that our car-park, which was closed due to construction, is now open and available to customers. I'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to you, and I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Hoping to see you again soon,

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just in case you didn't see it there is NO PARKING at this hotel. If you want parking then it has to be on the street, which is pay and display or use one of the many car parks in Tuam. There is a car park outside the cathedral that costs €2 for the day. This seems to be the standard charge in Tuam for car parks. There is a disabled bay on the street opposite the hotel but if you are disabled you really must mention it when booking.
When we arrived at the hotel we discovered the problem with the parking and the person who checked us in (Catherine) actually offered us her parking space on the road outside the hotel.
The attraction about this hotel is that it is in the centre of Tuam and that is where we wanted to be, not out in the countryside where I would have to get a taxi if I decided to have a drink. I like this hotel for its location, food, staff and the room. We could have stayed a week in the room, it was so cosy and we will stay here again despite the parking problem.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gordon B

Hi Gordon,

We're sorry that our lack of car parking caused a problem for you - I'm delighted to inform you that our car parking facilities are now re-open and available for customer use. Hoping we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed here a number of times when a lady manager ran the place & i never had a bad word to say, however on my arrival i found that the carpark was now replaced with a marquee large marquee which in my opinion is a hazzard as it takes up the whole area with little or no space!! I had to park my car outside the church a walk a good 5 minutes with all my baggage! Then i went to the bar for food & was greeted by a very rude girl that clearly has an attitude problem & had a big frown on her face like she didnt want to be there!! the food was average nothing special it has clearly gone downhill since the last manager & staff are definatley no where near the standards 2 -3 years ago. Trying to get a good night sleep is impossible if there is an event in the marquee as all you cna hear is music & people shouting till all hours of the night!! i wont be returning here again the only good point is the price!!

Room Tip: Book into another hotel there is one located outside the town
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Sarah R

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear that you felt the standard of service in the Corralea Court Hotel has gone down. However, I'm happy to inform you that our car-parking services are now available for customer use as our marquee has been taken down.

As for the bad service that you experienced, I can only send my deepest apologies. Usually the biggest compliment that we receive is for the friendliness and enthusiasm of our staff, so I'm surprised to hear that your experience was a different one.

We take great pride in our customer service, and the hospitality and comfort experienced by our guests. We very much value the feedback that you've given us and I hope that should you choose to stay with us in the future, that we can ensure that your experience with us will be a happier one.

Corralea Court Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuam
Ard Ri House Hotel
Claregalway Hotel
Claregalway Hotel
#1 of 2 in Claregalway
The Arches Hotel, Claregalway

Been to Corralea Court Hotel? Share your experiences!