“Lunch and a guinness”

The Abbey
Ranked #13 of 26 Restaurants in Tuam
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed July 17, 2018

A nice friendly hotel diner, great staff with good service and good solid food. My lunches here are always good and tasty with never much of a wait or fuss. A fine Guinness too.

Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

Today we stopped for Lunch on our way Home. Tuam is not a town we would normally use to refuel but today time was on our side.
First impressions were good. We received a warm welcome. We both had a cottage pie with fresh chips and salad.
keenly priced. No complaints. Would return.

Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

Upon costing the abbey I ordered a salad, with cashews, chickpeas and all this other amazing stuff. So needless to say I as disappointed to see my salad with about 4 half cherry tomatoes, mixed leaves from lidil, undressed, and nothing else bar the goats cheese and bacon I got on top. I was given no bread with the salad, as it was advertised and was given no dressing, even after asking. Very dissatisfied.

Ca M, Owner at The Abbey, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Dear Sir/Madame,

I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience here at The Abbey. Our aim here is to maintain high standards. I'm sorry that this was not the case with your meal.
Please feel free to contact us @abbeydiscobar@gmail.com or do pop in and ask for Cathriona.

Kind regards.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Went here for a sandwich and soup lovely place, sandwiches were lovely and fresh. Place was lovely and clean and the staff were very helpful.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Great spot for lunch. We all had soup, which was homemade, hot and very tasty. Rolls and sandwiches were fresh with plenty of filling. Good value for money

1  Thank Zita K