“Not baby friendly”

Pedro's Cafe and Grill
Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Tuam
Cuisines: European
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

I stopped off today on a journey from Donegal to Limerick. I have a 3 month old baby who needed to stretch his legs out of the car seat. You can imagine how many stops this journey involved as it took 10 hours. I had planned on having a hot chocolate so I would pay for something while staying there but opted for water as they didn't have a milk alternative (lactose intolerant). The owner Pedro was helpful and said he would bring my water to the table but when I explained I would move in a while to the only booth they had with somewhere for my baby to lie out, he said that it was his most popular table and that he would need it for big groups. I would have understood if it was lunchtime rush hour but it was 3.45pm when I was there and there was plenty of empty tables.

When the booth cleared I went over, laid my baby out for a while, fed him and left sooner than I had planned to as I didn't feel comfortable/welcome there after the experience above.

There may only have been 2 of us and a bottle of water purchased today but lack of customer service will ensure that I will not be a return customer. This is a shame for Pedros as there will be plenty more long trips up and down with my family but I am sure we will find other more welcoming places that will appreciate our hard earned money when feeding a family of 4.

3  Thank ciarademp

Reviewed April 2, 2018

I have been to pedro's more than twice for their breakfast. First of all staff are super friendly and always willing to help. Second, the resturant is super spacey and bright, as it's all open glass. Thirdly, staff take your order very quickly and the food is made promptly too. The breakfast is soooooo good, freshly made. Will alway recommend pedro's.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

I was in Tuam Shopping Centre today and went in to Pedro's Cafe + Grill. It was, in my opinion, one of the best spots to get something slimming world friendly to eat (I had grilled cod, salad + baked potato - yummy!) It is so difficult to find somewhere that does baked potato instead of creamy mash or potato swimming in butter and there was a variety of topping options too! Tasty menu for those not looking for slimming world friendly food too Staff fantastic too Will visit again:o)

1  Thank Marie R
Reviewed December 28, 2017

The always seem friendly and helpful. I have only had one meal from Pedros which is the chicken goujons and chips but their garlic sauce is a good size and not watered down, very thick. Their chips are very nice and always seem fresh. Really nice place in Joyces shopping center for takeaway style food.

Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

You are always guaranteed a good meal in Pedro’s. A very nice menu and the owner and staff are helpful and friendly. Really good coffee too.
Will keep going back.