“Very Disappointing”

Add it.
Gilligans
Ranked #18 of 26 Restaurants in Tuam
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Called in for Lunch over the weekend. There was nothing but a salad on the menu for Vegetarian's. In this day and age its not not acceptable.Nice staff but unless they add to the menu i wont be back.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

I've been here four times now, the first time I ordered the penne arrabiata but they'd run out of pasta so my only other option as a vegetarian was a salad, which I had and it was a nice salad to be fair but it wasn't what I wanted. The next time I was there I got the penne arrabiata and it was okay, nothing to write home about. The third time I went they'd changed the menu and the only vegetarian options are now soups and salads, so I had the salad again. I was here on my fourth and final visit over the weekend and they still didn't have a vegetarian option on the menu, I was offered calamari! So I had the soup, it wasn't great and I left most of it behind, instead I ate my husbands side salad and his chips (they do nice chips). Don't think there's any point in me returning, they don't cater for vegetarians unfortunately.

Reviewed August 25, 2018

We had here lunch recently; the food my mother and husband received was tasty however I had zero choice - nothing for anyone who doesn't eat meat (other than a salad). It's 2018, I used to encounter that crap in 2002 in Ireland but not recently - even small cafes in small towns have non-meat options. Really bad. And the attitude of the server (who seemed like the owner/manager) couldn't have cared less when I mentioned it. Won't be returning.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

i have stepped into Gilligans on 3 occasions, (as a well dressed professional if it needs to stated), and on neither of two of these occasions (sat/sun) were any staff available at the bar to serve, after waiting for ten minutes we left, on the third occasion staff were simply elsewhere in the location..not serving.

2  Thank shapow2u
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

After a reasonable first visit where we were the only customers in the place, today's visit was nothing short of a disaster. After waiting approx 15mins for menus, we gave our order for a full breakfast and 2 boiled eggs with coffee and orange juice. Fairly simple straightforward order. After a number of apologies and colourful language around customers (including small children) from the waitress and waiting a further hour and not even receiving our drinks we really had to just leave as we had to travel back to Wicklow. Service was very very poor and other people had to leave at the same time as us too. Another table with about 10 people kept getting wrong orders and kids were left without food. You could say this was busy but as there were only 6 other people ordering food, as a food establishment, this is hardly considered busy. Especially at breakfast time where orders are simple enough. The owner was there and didn't seem to want to help his staff out at all and get orders out to people and maybe retain customers. Highly disappointed, won't be back and won't be recommending to anybody.

1  Thank Ciara K